• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices go boom

Soldato
It's getting nice and warm outside - gaming can take a back seat until the winter comes again :p Maybe then we'll have nV's next gen... or maybe not... who knows.

I guess it's a good price on a 1070 but this late in the day I'm not even slightly tempted. But then that attitude only works when you've reached the point of not caring if you game or not :p Thanks miners; thanks nV... you've weaned me off my only addiction, hah.

How have miners and NV weaned you off your addiction...Did your gaming PC all of a sudden become useless because prices shot up on hardware you weren't even going to upgrade anyway.. Victor Meldrew..............

This thread makes me laugh.

Oh and profits are well up on mining again.. Not back to where they were but well on their way...

ASICS killing mining...Oh hold my beer

Soldato
I *almost* cracked over the weekend, after seeing a new inno 3d 1080ti for £640 delivered..... but i just about held strong. At this late in the game it would be madness to buy a 1080ti for such prices now imo. i have waited this long for either fire sale 1080ti prices OR an 1180. i may as well wait a bit more.

that said, if they come down much more i think i will have to bite and just accept i have to wait another generation for 4k 60fps on full bubble in the majority of games.

OcUK Staff
This is a great deal:

Hi there

Considering the current climate with graphics cards and high prices, this is a really good deal been the gaming Tri-fan model it runs superbly cool and very quiet and offer close to 1080 levels of performance at a much lower price point:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070Ti Gaming 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £439.99 inc VAT

GV-N107TGAMING-8GD, Core Clock: 1607MHz, Boost Clock: 1683MHz, Memory: 8192MB 8000MHz GDDR5, Stream Processors: 2432, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 3 Years Warranty.

Only £439.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited:
Caporegime
How have miners and NV weaned you off your addiction...Did your gaming PC all of a sudden become useless because prices shot up on hardware you weren't even going to upgrade anyway.. Victor Meldrew..............

This thread makes me laugh.

Oh and profits are well up on mining again.. Not back to where they were but well on their way...

ASICS killing mining...Oh hold my beer
Typical miner arrogance. It's like you're trying to live up to the stereotype :p

And yes I'm very aware mining isn't dying. I don't know where some people in this thread are getting that impression from.

Soldato
This is a great deal:

Hi there

Considering the current climate with graphics cards and high prices, this is a really good deal been the gaming Tri-fan model it runs superbly cool and very quiet and offer close to 1080 levels of performance at a much lower price point:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070Ti Gaming 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £439.99 inc VAT

GV-N107TGAMING-8GD, Core Clock: 1607MHz, Boost Clock: 1683MHz, Memory: 8192MB 8000MHz GDDR5, Stream Processors: 2432, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 3 Years Warranty.

Only £439.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

I will probably take a punt on a 1070ti if it goes below 400. (not for the zotac mini).

Soldato
I *almost* cracked over the weekend, after seeing a new inno 3d 1080ti for £640 delivered.....

I did crack... decent card for the price, but the cooler is poor (I'm assuming this is the Inno3D X2?). Pretty quiet, even at 100% fan speed, but struggles to keep the GPU any cooler than a reference blower. Can still manage around 1900mhz in games though.

OcUK Staff
I did crack... decent card for the price, but the cooler is poor (I'm assuming this is the Inno3D X2?). Pretty quiet, even at 100% fan speed, but struggles to keep the GPU any cooler than a reference blower. Can still manage around 1900mhz in games though.

For the money they are fair cards.
Unfortunately it looks like another severe shortage could be incoming, our 1080Ti's holds are nearly completely depleted because we have been very fair on our pricing so a lot of UK customers have been buying from us due to our good pricing. Were also seeing miners buying again as well and if were seeing such things then you can bet big deals are been struck which is no doubt why were now struggling to source more stock. Hoping its just a blip a stock will improve in May.

OcUK Staff
Does this mean prices are going up? Might be able to get more for my 1080 then!

If supply gets poor again, most likely, but right now its an unknown, some GPU's there is plenty of stock on, but other GPU's like 1080Ti and 1070 stocks are really still a struggle.

Soldato
Are they still manufacturing the chips which go in 1080tis? someone wrote on another forum i visit that the last 1080ti chips rolled off the assembly line a week ago and that once they were snapped up that will be it, until the next series of cards.

(I have no idea how long it takes for the chip which is the heart of the gpu to go from manufacture to being inside a completed graphics card ready to sell)

or was that person just writing FUD (which i am now spreading)

OcUK Staff
What is 1080 stocks like?

Poor, you only have to look through our webshop.:
1050/1050Ti - No problem
1060 3G / 6G - No problem
1070 - Very poor supply
1070Ti - Supply good
1080 - Supply average/poor
1080Ti - Terribly poor supply (no signs of improving)

That is how it is right now, you can see this by browsing our webshop and competitors by just seeing in stock versus out of stock etc.

May is an unknown, crypto values are increasing daily for past week or so, if that keeps up I forsee May been really bad, we've been pushing very hard for supply for months now, so the one shining light is were owed a lot of stock and favours so to speak so even if mining kicks of again in May/June we should be able to keep product in stock and continue doing deals as we are now, OcUK has been generally across the board consistently competitive if not best pricing on GPU for past several weeks and not just on limited stocks but large volume of stock hence ability to maintain low pricing for days/weeks without running out.

For example the Gigabyte 1070Ti Gaming deal were doing at £439.,99, we had 500+, were now down to 200 units and selling 20-30 units per days so were doing great deals but at the same time they last more than 5 minutes, so everyone gets a chance. :)

Back
Top Bottom