• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices go boom

Associate
I blame the gamers, mining is dead yet the prices are still rising faster than the boost Nvidia have given this gen
1060 owners are my official pick for everything that is wrong with the world of GPU's.
You can lay blame at Nvidia, at AMD, at miners, the "media", at everyone with some reasonable justification but the majority of 1060 owners are who I think you should blame first. Even with a very convincing competitor they turned a blind eye. That's the unit sales used to justify bad decisions in the board room.

You might assume that anger motivates this post, maybe thinking I really wanted to buy something for a reasonable price, but I have abstained from the GPU market because of Vega. I have no intention of buying another GPU, so the pricing does not affect me financially or emotionally.

No doubt that this honesty will be completely ignored and I have ruined my 1,337 post count for nothing.

Associate
Well that sounds like it was a great waste of time. I think I'll stick with my 1070ti then, prices alone have put me off Nvidia. Hopefully AMD can bring out something decent this time.
Indeed. I'm sticking with my 1070 until there's something that can beat a 1080ti and supports freesync for under£400... I just hope it happens this side of 2021

Associate
£1099 - 2080ti
£749 - 2080
£569 - 2070

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

Soldato
1060 owners are my official pick for everything that is wrong with the world of GPU's.
You can lay blame at Nvidia, at AMD, at miners, the "media", at everyone with some reasonable justification but the majority of 1060 owners are who I think you should blame first. Even with a very convincing competitor they turned a blind eye. That's the unit sales used to justify bad decisions in the board room.

You might assume that anger motivates this post, maybe thinking I really wanted to buy something for a reasonable price, but I have abstained from the GPU market because of Vega. I have no intention of buying another GPU, so the pricing does not affect me financially or emotionally.

No doubt that this honesty will be completely ignored and I have ruined my 1,337 post count for nothing.

Totally disagree.
To blame will be the people who buy these new cards, at these prices. They are the ones saying to Nvidia. "Yeah, we are happy with these prices".
I BET you OCUK sell out on day 1.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
that can't be right. The Keynote said $999 for Ti didn't it? How can it possibly be more pounds than dollars lol.

The prices at the event were "from" prices the FE cards are actually more expensive.

The direct from Nvidia prices US are

2070 - $599
2080 - $799
2080ti - $1199

the lower $ prices were for AIB

Back
Top Bottom