Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
I had to go Atenza/RCZ for the races as I'm too slow. I need to be a big boy and eventually go manual gears on the controller

I tried manual gears on my G29 using the paddles as I don't have a gear shifter, but they didn't work. When I press the clutch the car goes into neutral and stays there.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? Operator error or a bug?

Soldato
I tried manual gears on my G29 using the paddles as I don't have a gear shifter, but they didn't work. When I press the clutch the car goes into neutral and stays there.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? Operator error or a bug?

You don't need to press the clutch to change gear with the paddles. You should be able just click up and down through the gears even when stationary. As far as I know they should be assigned and work out the box. I can't check currently but I remember there's a controller section which you can see what function is set to each button and make sure gear up/down is assigned to your paddles. Else I'd be plugging in to your PC and checking the buttons actually work.

Soldato
OCUK Race night - Thursday 7 April 8pm

It's been long enough so think it's about time we have one of these :) I'll try to get on early with looking to start the first race at 8.

Seems most people in this thread like their gr3/gr4 races so

Race 1
Gr3 Trial Mountain
BoP enabled, no set ups
Soft tyres (no tyre wear)
8 laps

Race 2
Gr4 Sardegna Layout A
BoP enabled, no set ups
Any tyres
Tyre wear x 4
Fuel usage x5
12 laps

And for more of a wild card
Race 3
PP500 limit
Tokyo Central clockwise
Any tyres, set up, etc.
5 laps

For the new open party system I believe you'll need to my friend or a friend of a friend. I think I have most people already but drop your psn or add me, PSN Greeboth :)

Last edited:
Soldato
If you grind the Mountain Trail Cup or whatever it's called 4 times if you get clean races, that'll give you enough money to get the car. If you have the Dodge Tomahawk thingy it only takes 8 minutes to do both races. Depends how much you've already got if you want to grind to cover the full cost or just to make up the difference, shouldn't take too long.
Nice I’ll give that a try. I just bankrupted myself on something else I needed so just need to grind a bit to get the car. Tbh even fighting for 7-9th in the 458 is fun. Just can’t get near the top boys in this car.

Might have a look into tuning but don’t want to make it worse lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice I’ll give that a try. I just bankrupted myself on something else I needed so just need to grind a bit to get the car. Tbh even fighting for 7-9th in the 458 is fun. Just can’t get near the top boys in this car.

Might have a look into tuning but don’t want to make it worse lol

When you go in to the circuits part, where all the championships are across the bottom of the screen, I think it's like the 4th or 5th one.

I wouldn't bother tuning the 458 unless you know what you are doing as like you say you'll probably just make it harder for yourself. The 458 is a great car though to chuck around, even if you're mid-pack as long the racing is fun it's worthwhile. It's just when you get the people that decide to use you as a cushion that it's frustrating.

Don

It's been long enough so think it's about time we have one of these :) I'll try to get on early with looking to start the first race at 8.

Race 1
Gr3 Trial Mountain
BoP enabled, no set ups
8 laps

Race 2
Gr4 Sardegna Layout A
BoP enabled, no set ups
Any tyres
Tyre wear and fuel usage TBC
12 laps

And for more of a while card
Race 3
PP500 limit
Tokyo Central clockwise
Any tyres, set up, etc.
5 laps

For the new open party system I believe you'll need to my friend or a friend of a friend. I think I have most people already but drop your psn or add me, PSN Greeboth :)

I have a football match Thursday, hopefully be back in time for this. Thanks for sorting

Soldato
I could be up for this, I'll add you later.

Would it be with qualifying or just a random mixed grid also is it standing or rolling starts? Are we saying no Altenza and RCZ so it's a good mix of grid?

There is no qualifying so the standing grid will be set from the practise times.

I wasn’t going to specifically say people couldn’t use them. It feels a bit cheaty to use them so I wasn’t going to but it’s up to everyone.

Associate

Race 1
Gr3 Trial Mountain
BoP enabled, no set ups
8 laps

Race 2
Gr4 Sardegna Layout A
BoP enabled, no set ups
Any tyres
Tyre wear and fuel usage TBC
12 laps

And for more of a while card
Race 3
PP500 limit
Tokyo Central clockwise
Any tyres, set up, etc.
5 laps

Sounds great, I’m well up for this although I’ll be a back marker. I’ve just added you on PSN - BabyLebowski
I’ll get some practice in. What cars would you recommend for these races? I’d rather a car with great handling than anything else.

Soldato
When you go in to the circuits part, where all the championships are across the bottom of the screen, I think it's like the 4th or 5th one.

I wouldn't bother tuning the 458 unless you know what you are doing as like you say you'll probably just make it harder for yourself. The 458 is a great car though to chuck around, even if you're mid-pack as long the racing is fun it's worthwhile. It's just when you get the people that decide to use you as a cushion that it's frustrating.
Thanks I know the one you mean. I’ll see what cars I have then give the races a go later.

I managed to get up to 5th in race B last night so my lap times are definitely coming down - bottled it in the last two corners and went wide so ended up 7th. Still fun though! Might just leave the tuning alone then as I don’t know what I am doing.

Soldato
Sounds great, I’m well up for this although I’ll be a back marker. I’ve just added you on PSN - BabyLebowski
I’ll get some practice in. What cars would you recommend for these races? I’d rather a car with great handling than anything else.

Accepted :)

I think there’s a range of skill levels so I’m sure there’ll be racing wherever you end up.

I haven’t done enough online or tried enough cars yet so don’t really know what cars to suggest. With the unusual weight transfer physics I’d probably say avoid MR cars with FR having the most predictable handling. But it’s each to their own really.

Soldato

I just spammed the championship for 40 mins in my lunch hour. Got 450k easily and yeah around 8 mins to do it each time. I used a Focus in the end I really dislike the big American cars. Thanks for the tip I’ll use it to farm some cr in the future :)

Soldato
I just spammed the championship for 40 mins in my lunch hour. Got 450k easily and yeah around 8 mins to do it each time. I used a Focus in the end I really dislike the big American cars. Thanks for the tip I’ll use it to farm some cr in the future :)

Nice one! I was planning to start trying to do it for half hour/hour every day to build up a nice little buffer of credits so I can just grab cars when I need to. It's a fun set of races to do as well unlike the grind on Fishermans Ranch.

Back
Top Bottom