Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
What steering method everyone using for controller?

I have fanatic DD wheel downstairs on my sim rig but with a 32:9 samsung g9 monitor which ps5 isn't compatible with.. and my ps5 is upstairs in my room with my oled but i just feel like I'm gimping myself with a controller..

Arghh dunno what to do :(

Associate
OCUK Race night - Thursday 7 April 8pm

It's been long enough so think it's about time we have one of these :) I'll try to get on early with looking to start the first race at 8.

Seems most people in this thread like their gr3/gr4 races so

Race 1
Gr3 Trial Mountain
BoP enabled, no set ups
Soft tyres (no tyre wear)
8 laps

Race 2
Gr4 Sardegna Layout A
BoP enabled, no set ups
Any tyres
Tyre wear and fuel usage TBC
12 laps

And for more of a wild card
Race 3
PP500 limit
Tokyo Central clockwise
Any tyres, set up, etc.
5 laps

For the new open party system I believe you'll need to my friend or a friend of a friend. I think I have most people already but drop your psn or add me, PSN Greeboth :)

It's been long enough so think it's about time we have one of these :) I'll try to get on early with looking to start the first race at 8.

Race 1
Gr3 Trial Mountain
BoP enabled, no set ups
8 laps

Race 2
Gr4 Sardegna Layout A
BoP enabled, no set ups
Any tyres
Tyre wear and fuel usage TBC
12 laps

Race 3
PP500 limit
Tokyo Central clockwise
Any tyres, set up, etc.
5 laps

For the new open party system I believe you'll need to my friend or a friend of a friend. I think I have most people already but drop your psn or add me, PSN Greeboth :)
If I'm home I'm down for this.

Soldato
What steering method everyone using for controller?

I have fanatic DD wheel downstairs on my sim rig but with a 32:9 samsung g9 monitor which ps5 isn't compatible with.. and my ps5 is upstairs in my room with my oled but i just feel like I'm gimping myself with a controller..

Arghh dunno what to do :(

I'm using the ps5 controller, no issues here

‐------‐---------------------------
Pro tip for Race C

Know where the pit entrance is! I haven't pitted on Spa for years and missed it, I had to do lap 5 on fuel map 6 to make it back round again. Still started and finished 9th. I did go past someone that forgot to pit for fuel, lol

The Aston DBR9 GT1 seems quicker that the RCZ's I was racing (nearly everyone above me..). I might have to get used to that car, more testing required.

I don't want to have to buy the RCZ Gr3 as well as the Atenza Gr4.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone had issues with a constant crash on one of the licence tests within the first licence? I am midway through (I believe it is b3) and every time I try to start it my PS5 returns to dashboard with an error saying the game or app is corrupted.

obviously I’ll delete it and reinstall again but just seems a bit of a pain to do it all again :/

Soldato
Anyone had issues with a constant crash on one of the licence tests within the first licence? I am midway through (I believe it is b3) and every time I try to start it my PS5 returns to dashboard with an error saying the game or app is corrupted.

obviously I’ll delete it and reinstall again but just seems a bit of a pain to do it all again :/
I would. Never had anything like that before.

Soldato
I just did the Manufacturers Cup race on Interlagos (GT2, final slot)

I Started 16th of 16... I think i was racing the Pro GT2 gang as they were running soft tyres in qualifying, some on mediums in the race.

I was using the racing hard tyres that came with my loaned Porsche :(

Pole was 3 seconds faster than me, I made up 10 places over the 19 laps though :D

q1utuR7.jpeg

Associate
some practice times tonight
Race 1
Gr3 Trial Mountain - 1:54 (Peugeot RCZ)
Race 2
Gr4 Sardegna Layout A - 1:53 (Toyota GR Supra)
Race 3 - 1:37 (Supra RZ 97)
Tried it with a Mini Cooper but could only get 1:40.

This is with a pad, I think I could knock some time off them all. What would people go with for the last track?
Anyone else want to put some times up?

Don
I'm using the ps5 controller, no issues here

‐------‐---------------------------
Pro tip for Race C

Know where the pit entrance is! I haven't pitted on Spa for years and missed it, I had to do lap 5 on fuel map 6 to make it back round again. Still started and finished 9th. I did go past someone that forgot to pit for fuel, lol

The Aston DBR9 GT1 seems quicker that the RCZ's I was racing (nearly everyone above me..). I might have to get used to that car, more testing required.

I don't want to have to buy the RCZ Gr3 as well as the Atenza Gr4.

Sick of using the RCZ and the sound is just pathetic

Soldato

Race 1
Gr3 Trial Mountain
BoP enabled, no set ups
8 laps

Race 2
Gr4 Sardegna Layout A
BoP enabled, no set ups
Any tyres
Tyre wear x 4
Fuel usage x5
12 laps

Race 3
PP500 limit
Tokyo Central clockwise
Any tyres, set up, etc.
5 laps

Updated with tyres and fuel usage for race 2.

Soldato
some practice times tonight
Race 1
Gr3 Trial Mountain - 1:54 (Peugeot RCZ)
Race 2
Gr4 Sardegna Layout A - 1:53 (Toyota GR Supra)
Race 3 - 1:37 (Supra RZ 97)
Tried it with a Mini Cooper but could only get 1:40.

This is with a pad, I think I could knock some time off them all. What would people go with for the last track?
Anyone else want to put some times up?

What tyres are those times set on?

For Trial Mountain I can get 1:51-1:52 on softs using the Corvette, Merc and Subaru. If I focus 1 car, I could probably get that down to 50-51s.

Sardegna, just doing some testing to determine fuel and tyre wear and again on softs, I got the Merc and Toyota 86 in to the 1:53’s

I’ve yet to try anything for Tokyo.

Soldato

Race 1
Gr3 Trial Mountain
BoP enabled, no set ups
8 laps

Race 2
Gr4 Sardegna Layout A
BoP enabled, no set ups
Any tyres
Tyre wear x 4
Fuel usage x5
12 laps

Race 3
PP500 limit
Tokyo Central clockwise
Any tyres, set up, etc.
5 laps

Ill try and join in, I'll be languishing at the back :)
Must admit, i prefer setups so I can get the car to handle how I like, but I'll give the Gr3/4s a go.
I signed up with Ferrari after Mclaren, and regretted it as the Mclarens seemed nicer to drive, but I did have some tweaks going on.

Associate
What tyres are those times set on?

For Trial Mountain I can get 1:51-1:52 on softs using the Corvette, Merc and Subaru. If I focus 1 car, I could probably get that down to 50-51s.

Sardegna, just doing some testing to determine fuel and tyre wear and again on softs, I got the Merc and Toyota 86 in to the 1:53’s

I’ve yet to try anything for Tokyo.
I think softs or whatever the standard ones that came with car. just been watching a video of people playing cops vs robbers with full livery’s and damage. Looks fun!
https://youtu.be/kQX-s_hlI-M

Soldato

Race 1
Gr3 Trial Mountain
BoP enabled, no set ups
8 laps

Race 2
Gr4 Sardegna Layout A
BoP enabled, no set ups
Any tyres
Tyre wear x 4
Fuel usage x5
12 laps

Race 3
PP500 limit
Tokyo Central clockwise
Any tyres, set up, etc.
5 laps

Hopefully I can join in too. XeNoN89 on PSN for anyone who hasn't already been added!

Back
Top Bottom