Gran Turismo "Sport"

Soldato
Hmm it does not seem like the sounds of the cars have improved much ?

Its really depressing when you consider they hired a guy to help them improve the sounds -

https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-hires-previous-forza-audio-lead-for-gran-turismo/

What the heck is going on I don't know. Maybe the sounds are place holders, the tire screeching was just horrendous. It sounded no different from the previous games.

To say I am very disappointed in what I've seen is an understatement, I can only hope this is all just early builds, and the final game will have improved drastically and GT is a decent game - but I am not rushing to pre-order this one like I have all previous GT games thats for sure.

Soldato
I was just sent this, watched it myself and I have to admit, that looks much better then the trailer in game footage.

Lighting looks good, obvious frame rate issues as you can see visable tearing second to last turn being the worse along with the second turn on first lap, but trackside objects look a lot better and looks like clouds were rolling in and getting darker sky towards the end of the clip..

No sound though. Well apart from background noise.

V F

V F

Soldato
Their foliage and trees always look like cardboard cutouts. Let alone the grass that feels like a green carpet. Plus I've always felt the colour tone was a bit on the cool side? compared to other racing games. There is a nice tone for Project Cars. A kind of summer feeling.

Man of Honour
"going to be at least £700 for sure"

Who do Thrustmaster think they are? nVidia?!?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Paid nearly £1300 for my Fanatec Wheel, pedals and shifter. :eek::eek::eek:

At least it will work on PS4 when I eventually get one.

I'm looking forward to this. I like the idea of being able to get an FIA approved licence from sim racing.

Not that bothered about the graphics, I still think GT6 looks great considering the hardware it's running on. And I still play it, I even have three PS3's dedicated to playing it on my triple screen set up.

I have pCARS and Assetto Corsa on PC and they look good but the thrill for me is online racing.

So I play iRacing more than anything else and they've only just switched to Direct X 11 from DX9.

Soldato
there are a few more videos popping up now -

this has audio, cause this isn't the best capture but its a 458 and it sounds better then what I remember from GT6 - so maybe some hope?

Also the devs have confirmed no dynamic weather, they are aiming for 1080p 60FPS and this is their main focus. You can however select weather conditions before the race. so its not all just sunny days out on track : -)

V F

V F

Soldato
The tyre screeches are still as bad as ever. Are tyre screeches so loud like that in real life it drowns out an engine?

Soldato
OP
This looks really disappointing to me. It's sort of a half-baked attempt to stick a game onto the PS4 but forgetting they need a game - and not just something from years ago - to implement their eSport side.

I hope it's better than what's been said so far. I'm sure I read somewhere that Kaz was thinking he should have just called it GT7. If that is true, he is really losing the plot. Shame, as the GT series has made me the petrolhead I am today.

Soldato
This looks really disappointing to me. It's sort of a half-baked attempt to stick a game onto the PS4 but forgetting they need a game - and not just something from years ago - to implement their eSport side.

I hope it's better than what's been said so far. I'm sure I read somewhere that Kaz was thinking he should have just called it GT7. If that is true, he is really losing the plot. Shame, as the GT series has made me the petrolhead I am today.

Well in the end there are other racers out there...

Project Cars is out now
Forza 6 is out now

Assetto Corsa is out for PC and coming to PS4 and X1 around August

Then Forza 7 and Project Cars 2 will be out maybe next year so PD really do not have the market to themselves like in the PS1 days. Its moved on, and if GT isn't moving forward then plenty of other console racers to play.

But they have another 6 more months to add some polish and sort out some of the audio - it might not all be lost.

V F

V F

Soldato
Well in the end there are other racers out there...

Project Cars is out now
Forza 6 is out now

Assetto Corsa is out for PC and coming to PS4 and X1 around August

Then Forza 7 and Project Cars 2 will be out maybe next year so PD really do not have the market to themselves like in the PS1 days. Its moved on, and if GT isn't moving forward then plenty of other console racers to play.

But they have another 6 more months to add some polish and sort out some of the audio - it might not all be lost.

I think this will be the first Gran Turismo I wont be pre-ordering. I first got into it back in 2008 for GT5 Prologue. Then GT5 pre-ordered with the thick book for Christmas 2010 and GT6 for Christmas 2013.

Sport isn't popping out to me like the past games created.

Soldato
OP
It's just a shame as I think I owned every GT up to GT6 barring the HD Concept version.

Now I have Forza on console, AC on PC and if this does come out like this, probably not another GT game for quite a long time.

Soldato
OP
I think it was more of a closed affair, I can't really remember to be honest.

I remember when they were talking about introducing bikes. Another idea they must have wasted time on rather than what was necessary.

Soldato
The tyre screeches are still as bad as ever. Are tyre screeches so loud like that in real life it drowns out an engine?
Not really, no.

I mean, if you take a normal or only slightly modified street car and go drifting with it, yea, tires are gonna screech fairly loudly and persistently.

It shouldn't be the dominant sound in a 500hp+ tuner car, even when drifting. It shouldn't be a dominant noise in most regular track situations and especially with race cars built for grip.

GT overdoes it, definitely. The screeching is too easily provoked and it's a very one dimensional and very loud screech, so it grates. Another problem is that GT is a fairly forgiving sim, even with all the driver aids off. So often, you can really push to and over the limits of a car and get away with it. In fact, the fastest drivers tend to slide the cars around quite a bit, exploiting the forgiving and non-hardcore physics. In something like Assetto Corsa, the type of driving you can get away with in GT would not only result in spins and crashes, but even if you can manage the sliding, it's not going to make you FASTER in most cases.

So in the end, GT not only has tire screeching that is easily provoked, but the game also encourages you to slide the cars around, where the tires will obviously get screeching quite constantly.

I can only hope they have a slider for the volume level for it like many racing games have now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom