*** Grand Theft Auto IV - MODS & TWEAKS ***

Had ago at modding.

Game doesn't even open now.

Full reinstall :(

This keeps happening to me. I don't even want to makes the graphics better, I just want the cars replaced. :(

Edit: How do I know if TrafficLoad is working correctly? I have a car pack installed but I can only see a few types of cars plus a load of taxis. Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. :confused:

Last edited:
Just got GTA4 and was looking for a general, no fuss and most of all easy to install HD mod? Had a look through here but the mods listed all seem to be specific ones. And problematic.
Any reccomendations?

This keeps happening to me. I don't even want to makes the graphics better, I just want the cars replaced. :(

Edit: How do I know if TrafficLoad is working correctly? I have a car pack installed but I can only see a few types of cars plus a load of taxis. Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. :confused:

I think thetrafficload mod needs an .asi loader tool and a trainer tool to work. Though i could be wrong there.
As for the cars being changed i too installed a large car pack and it was great for like 5 mins until every car turned into a taxi or cop car. so i uninstalled it and started a fresh.
The best way iv found so far is to install this: http://www.gta4-mods.com/tools/gta-iv-vehicle-mod-installer-v13-f14302
Its an easy application to use and you can revert to stock cars whenever you like.
Download individual cars from that site etc and load them one by one. Leave them in thier .rar folders the app will do the rest. I use maybe seven max at a time and replace them as i get bored to avoid that dreaded taxi bug.
Iv tried hd texture packs, enb mods, reverting to v1.0.4.0 and now i have given up and stuck to this.
Its working fine for me with steams latest v1.0.7.0 :)

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT8i1AOxZlI Watch this and it will show you what to do and how easy it is.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Rickst20. Using that now and just managing the few cars I want to change. Makes it more special when you notice an Aventador roll by. Helps alleviate the taxi bug issue too.

Can't believe how much better this game looks with iceenhancer 2 as well.

I'm still having stupid trouble with the rag doll mod, I installed fresh, downloaded and down graded to 1.0.4.0, put the dsound.dll (asi loader into my main gtaiv) folder, put the rag doll asi file in there, and nothing, am infusing the right folder,,or am I just a bit stupid here?

Almost finished the game again and want some free roam, Randall car spawning fun after I have done!

G0rd, does icenhancer 2 still want to render at a ridiculous resolution and then downscale? Mine was trying to run at 3800 and something by something equally huge and my graphics card started to cry!

I don't think so, at least I've had no performance issues using it. I'm on a 560Ti so not rocket powered specs at 1680x1050. Specifically I'm using ice enhancer 2.1 final and it includes some enb stuff too. All for steam EFLC.

The only problem I did have was the red sky bug, but found a fix for that and all fine now.

I don't bother with icenhancer or ENB. SweetFX plus Reality is perfectly fine for me, looks a lot better and barely, if at all, impacts performance. I get 40ish fps most of the time, and that is as good as I could expect really. I also have one of those massive texture packs as well, but can't remember which one.

hmmm I found texture loading to be awful in game on 1.07 while Using a carpack and trafficload mods.

every time I pull up the map or left a cut scene I had texture problems.

on 1.04 I have slow loads and ctd every 1/2 hr or so. Very frustrating...

GTA IV - EFLC: why didnt they let it use GTA IVs map & are there any hi-rez texture mods for it?

Finally woke up and got Episodes from Liberty City (EFLC). Id had GTA IV for a while and despite its failings still had a laugh playing it. Looking forward to EFLC though!

I just had two questions. Im kinda wondering why they didnt design ELFC to detect whether you already had GTA IV installed and if you did that ELFC would just use the Liberty City map from the GTA IV installation?

Instead its got its very own pc\data folder just like GTA IV has its own pc\data

Isnt this needless duplication? So now I have the Liberty City map installed twice??

:confused:

I have a 8GB hi-rez texture mod for GTA IV (Better City Textures). Deciding to give it a try I temporarily moved out EFLCs pc\data folder and replaced it with GTA IVs folder. Wasnt expecting much and sure enough the game loops endlessly on the loading screen...bummer :rolleyes:

So my next question...does a hi-rez texture pack exist for EFLC's Liberty City? Ive done a lot of Googles but only seem to come across endless versions of ENB (which I have to say are excellent and make a big diff but would still be nice to have hi-rex textures!)

Also please feel free to mention any other good mods for EFLC, thanks guys :D

I need a mod for skipping to a mission ahead.

I was half way through the motorbike missions and its locked me out of the gfwl account and forgotten all the saves.

I dont really care, but dont want to start from the beginning. Can anyone give me hope and say they have modded in someone elses save game, it seems to be possible but it doesnt recognise me.

If anyone wants to lend me their saves/GFWL for a week that'd work I reckon :D

Otherwise I think I'll just move onto the next set

related jip

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom