• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

Associate
Wait, doesn't every half-decent retailer replace faulty items straight from the shelf instead of leaving the customer at the mercy of the manufacturers' RMA procedure? :confused:

Soldato
Does anyone know if the RMA for new PowerColor cards are still dealt with by OcUK?

Looking at the chart on the first page the turn-around is a speedy 48-72 hrs but it says the RMA base is in Taiwan.

i think ocuk deals with them.

but i do know if u rma a card under warranty straight to powercolor they charge u a service fee + u pay to get it sent there.

i received this email

Sir, Good day

This is Mark from TUL, I will take care your question.

If you want send to our servicer in NL, we need charge service cost €20, If you agrees to pay I will send PayPal notice to you directly.

In this case you need to pay for freight to send your card to NL and we will pay for the freight when we send back to you.

Replacement will be sent out within 7 working days after we get the defective and service cost €20 and we will test it at 4k monitors..

If you have any questions for myself directly, please feel free to ask me.

BR,

Mark

it's stupid that they asking for a charge service even when the card under warranty.

i want to rma 1 of mine but i refuse to pay a charge service

Last edited:
Associate
posted this elsewhere but thought I would add it here...

I had to RMA a card this week to KFA. Sent on Thursday to their UK center in Cardiff, it arrived with them on Friday morning, tested and issue confirmed on Friday afternoon and a new replacement card in my hands on Saturday morning. TBH that is easily the best RMA experience Ive ever had!

Soldato
OP
andybird123 said:
The OP of this thread is massively out of date and needs editing or deleting really
It does need tweaking, but the majority of this information is accurate, Zotac / Gigabyte do need ammending for sure. OcUK's warranty is different to the majority of retailers as they deal with the warranties on behalf of the manufacturers.

I was updating it every 6 months or so, but it's not massively out of date as you put it, that is for sure.

It's purely something I did voluntary like most of the stuff on this forum is by the members for the benefit of the OcUK community, I'll update it when I can be bothered, not when you want it updating, so do one lol.

Cheerio. :)

Soldato
okay, well, you've got several manufacturers down as "48-72 hour replacement direct with OCUK"... OCUK are now saying they send all cards off to the manufacturer and to allow 28 days - it's causing confusion as some people have taken it as an official OCUK statement on their policy

my comment above wasn't directed at you so much as at a mod or member of staff needs to clear up the status to potential customers

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
andybird123 said:
okay, well, you've got several manufacturers down as "48-72 hour replacement direct with OCUK"... OCUK are now saying they send all cards off to the manufacturer and to allow 28 days - it's causing confusion as some people have taken it as an official OCUK statement on their policy

my comment above wasn't directed at you so much as at a mod or member of staff needs to clear up the status to potential customers
No problem, sorry for being ratty.

At the time I did save some links, just incase this happened...

Powercolor (2yr Advanced Warranty: OcUK 48-72hr turn-around which OcUK deal with) >> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18571601

Inno3D (Warranty is exceptional as it is with OcUK.) >> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28293305&postcount=9

If people are having to see their cards sent to Hong Kong etc, I can change these back to how they were, because I changed them in line with what OcUK said in various topics, maybe the turnaround isn't as good as it makes out.

Associate
posted this elsewhere but thought I would add it here...

I had to RMA a card this week to KFA. Sent on Thursday to their UK center in Cardiff, it arrived with them on Friday morning, tested and issue confirmed on Friday afternoon and a new replacement card in my hands on Saturday morning. TBH that is easily the best RMA experience Ive ever had!

I wish I knew that before spending £450 on a crappy inno3d

Soldato
No worries... to be fair to you, this isn't the first time that OCUK have put something on the forum / on the website about fast turnaround / onsite warranty that has then been somewhat different when people actually try to RMA something

Soldato
OP
andybird123 said:
No worries... to be fair to you, this isn't the first time that OCUK have put something on the forum / on the website about fast turnaround / onsite warranty that has then been somewhat different when people actually try to RMA something
Yeah, it's a good job you brought this up. I don't spend as much time as I used on here, but any feedback in this post is appreciated, I've always tried to make corrections to the original post.

If people can keep posting feedback in here on how their RMA's are going, no matter where you purchased, some manufacturers are quicker than others if they have to deal with it, going back to Hong Kong is going to be a hassle.

Asus have always been crap, if they have improved I need to know as an example.

Soldato
OP
I found someone a few weeks ago who dealt directly with Zotac for an RMA, this was how it worked out, just for reference purposes. I'll update the original post soon.
drspa44@HUKD | Posted 17th July 2015 said:
For the record, Zotac were pretty good.

Communication was a little slow, but over the course of a 10 days, I was given a UK address to send my card to (at own cost), waited a few days and then was told because they had no GTX 465s, they would replace mine with a refurbished GTX 760, which is a nice upgrade.
Source

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just to let you all know, I've contacted a moderator for this post to be removed, as I don't want to update it anymore on this forum.

You will find a more general / broad one on various websites including Hexus as example within the graphics section, which will be updated tonight.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've had the thread reopened and updated the front page, other than that some other recent changes are as follows:

1. Zotac RMA's are no longer processed in the UK, they are sent to Hong Kong, so dropped it from the Green section and moved it to Orange.
  2. Also updated all the web links for the brands as a few were out of date.

If any of the information is incorrect, or you have new info from a recent RMA, then please let me know in this thread and I'll update the list again. :)

Soldato
OP
Smrtka said:
But you send the zotac card to ocuk as per gibbos post no ?
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29825356&postcount=1207

Quite and important point as shipping a AMP extreme to uk and to hong kong can be a very different price
The RMA office is still based in Hong Kong, all you're doing is having OcUK deal with it for the full duration as per the link instead of you having to ship it to Hong Kong, then you will wait for it to be sorted.
CAT-THE-FIFTH said:
Also OP Asus has a different arranagement with OcUK too:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18716242
Yeah I've already included that in the original post.

Soldato
OP
Something I updated a few days ago.

I've removed Sparkle from the list, they are now part of TUL Corporation, according to Sparkles website in Mandarin - any RMA's are dealt with through TUL. They only covered two years warranty, I doubt anyone in the UK has their GPU's.

Sparkle made Nvidia cards...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom