• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

HeX

HeX

Soldato
RMA'd an MSi 7850 on the 4th June, received the replacement today, so 2 weeks give or take. Replacement is a refurb of the exact model I returned, but looks in good condition and seems to be working fine.

Soldato
RMA'd an MSi 7850 on the 4th June, received the replacement today, so 2 weeks give or take. Replacement is a refurb of the exact model I returned, but looks in good condition and seems to be working fine.

My GTX 660 took a month

Soldato
Anyone have experience with HIS?
Just sent back both my 7950s due to whirring/vibrating/whining noise.

Currently using a Asus 750Ti I won in the OCUK comp :D

Associate
i hope PowerColor is still good for RMA, just had to return my 4-5 month Devil R270X to OCUK as it started kicking me back to the desktop after 5-10 mins of playing a game then giving artifacts/corrupt graphics on games.

Associate
Who's the best in the uk for honoring warranties on cards which have been watercooled? I heard XFX are ok with it in the US, but in the uk a warranty on an XFX card would be with the retailer only? Would overclockers (Or Da'bs, Amazon, ect.) care about me removing the warranty sticker if XFX themselves don't mind it?

Associate
Wow I never knew the warranties varied so much, this is definitely something to consider when purchasing my next card. Is there a table like this for lists it eh warranty is transferrable (i.e. if the card was purchased 2nd hand etc) as that'd be extremely useful for the Members market I'd imagine.

Soldato
Not overly impressed with MSI. My 290 Gaming was received by OcUK on 16th June and yesterday was day 28 and a replacement was shipped to me for delivery today. What annoyed me is someone else on this forum sent their 280 back to MSI and got a replacement within 2 weeks and this was after I sent mine in.

NVM, it's already sold.

Soldato
OP
ElliorR said:
Not overly impressed with MSI. My 290 Gaming was received by OcUK on 16th June and yesterday was day 28 and a replacement was shipped to me for delivery today. What annoyed me is someone else on this forum sent their 280 back to MSI and got a replacement within 2 weeks and this was after I sent mine in.

NVM, it's already sold.
Not sure how RMA's are done, but maybe they send them off in one or two week batches, hence the variable of someone receiving a replacement within 2 weeks.

Associate
Does anyone know if the RMA for new PowerColor cards are still dealt with by OcUK?

Looking at the chart on the first page the turn-around is a speedy 48-72 hrs but it says the RMA base is in Taiwan.

Soldato
It's ocuk you deal with, same with the xfx cards as of 2 days ago.
Still waiting from his to return my 7950s, they have till the 31st or I'll be dealing with ocuk instead.

Soldato
OP
Farseer said:
Does anyone know if the RMA for new PowerColor cards are still dealt with by OcUK?

Looking at the chart on the first page the turn-around is a speedy 48-72 hrs but it says the RMA base is in Taiwan.
Yes, I've altered the chart, but according to this dated 15th Sept 2014, someone waited 35 days! >> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18624035

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For any MSI users, this maybe handy, although maybe for direct returns to MSI...

badboy2k - MSI Moderator | 15th April 2013 said:
MSI - RMA Check

To check the status of a RMA use this link http://rma3.msi.com.tw/RMA_Portal_Customer_Service/Default.aspx

1. Select end user and location
  2. Online Repair Progress Query
  3. RMA No: (*Required key in) < note: if there is a -E on the end leave that part out just the AA0-00000000 type data at the beginning for the number
  4. Barcode No: (if its being a bit awkward on giving you the information with just the RMA number this is for the Serial number of your product)

If that is of no help contact MSI directly >> How to contact MSI

Another way is through the Main registration control panel to monitor the status of your RMA http://register.msi.com.

Note: MSI uses DHL typically to ship orders back to customers on Express Delivery
Source

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom