• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics cards prices on the mend- Scalpers losses

Permabanned
OP
Lol just got that email from EVGA about changing my kids card to non mining edition.
Which do you prefer, I feel as though the version that mines could be more disierable now but when mining is fully banned in the UK the LHR card might be more disireable
Yeah prices are coming down. New LHR 3070s down to £750-850. That emarket scalped 3080s down to 1200. Power shifting back to the buyers. There will be some losses.
:rolleyes:

Ivs

Ivs

Associate
No theres a chap near me selling 3070 for £750 and 3060 for £550. Also had 3090 cards. Had several of each.

I visited his house and had a new sealed 3060 off him. All the others were new sealed as well. He said he was making around £50 per card now

Very reasonable chap. Enjoy the new card, mate.

Permabanned
Prices are sliding quickly now but there is still a very long way to go before I will buy a card.

It amazes me though that people are still prepared to pay more than double the rrp for a 3080. And I notice that at £900+, the 3070's are still selling on OCUK. People are still out of their minds. Although I think we may reach some level of normality by the end of the year, I think it will take years and some sort of catastrophic event for prices to go back to pre 3080 days.

Associate
I have been watching more out of interest (studied economics, bit of a geek) than any desire to buy anything. Prices are definitely on a glide path lower. It will take retailers time to adjust their pricing and there will be some stickiness to higher prices due to what they paid from importers in the first place (nobody likes to make a loss).

I have seen much more stock arriving at certain retailers.

The high-street retailer named after an Indian cuisine was often going 3 days between posting any cards. Today it posts multiple cards per day, and at lower pricing for about a third of those. Others are still high, but then hang around on the site for a while.

The online retailer named after a cuboid object that is used to store items has been one of the very worst for highly inflated pricing, but they appear to be caught with a fair bit of stock and are slowly shifting prices lower.

The retailer that is the official Nvidia partner is all about their bundles, but if you check carefully some of those are now getting close to the MSRP if you work out the cost of each bundle item. It does vary bundle by bundle, but some are getting there. Then it is just a case of actually being lucky enough to need all the items that are bundled, which is unlikely for most. But it does signal a trend lower.

overall, strongly positive signs. The most positive item of all is that stock is clearly arriving and it is not selling out at inflated pricing, so under basic economic rules the prices will have to lower to shift the stock (assuming more cards continue to arrive on UK shores).

Very positive!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I have been watching more out of interest (studied economics, bit of a geek) than any desire to buy anything. Prices are definitely on a glide path lower.

The high-street retailer named after an Indian cuisine was often going 3 days between posting any cards. Today it posts multiple cards per day, and at lower pricing for about a third of those.

High street cuisine one I didnt spot any cards when I checked them a few weeks back (almost daily) so maybe the multiple cards per day is a sign of units flowing. It cant be long now till the enthusiasts and the 'gamers' all have something and the tipping point occurs.

Permabanned
OP
I've seen at least five 3070's that can be bought for £750 to £850 from an etailer, all good AIB models. What suprised me was that they had 3090 AIB Palit card for £2k and that would be nearing msrp?

Associate
What suprised me was that they had 3090 AIB Palit card for £2k and that would be nearing msrp?
Doesn't surprise me too much. The 3090 is so expensive, even at MSRP, that not many peeps can afford it so it's not "flying off the shelves". Plenty of stock all over the place that's not moving. I expect bargains to be had in the near future on those. Even then though, "bargains" will likely still be out of the range of most potential buyers.

Permabanned
OP
Doesn't surprise me too much. The 3090 is so expensive, even at MSRP, that not many peeps can afford it so it's not "flying off the shelves". Plenty of stock all over the place that's not moving. I expect bargains to be had in the near future on those. Even then though, "bargains" will likely still be out of the range of most potential buyers.

2 grand is a lot to pay for a GPU, you would have thought NV and AIBs knew this.

Soldato
Prices are sliding quickly now but there is still a very long way to go before I will buy a card.

It amazes me though that people are still prepared to pay more than double the rrp for a 3080. And I notice that at £900+, the 3070's are still selling on OCUK. People are still out of their minds. Although I think we may reach some level of normality by the end of the year, I think it will take years and some sort of catastrophic event for prices to go back to pre 3080 days.

Amazes me that people are still prepared to pay good money for 10 series cards. Fair enough the performance is still good enough for the majority of games, but they're 2 generations old now and have been through 2 mining peaks.. they've really been through the ringer. Yet people are prepared to pay north of £300 for 1080's? Absolutely bonkers.

Man of Honour
Scalpers are making looses on scalping FE cards on auction sites:D, since Monday
Sorry but I just don't see it, take 3080FE for example and look at ebay sold prices from Monday onwards, the lowest is £1135. Let's assume they lose a bit in fees, postage etc, but they are still making HUNDREDS of pounds in PROFIT, not losses. And that's the LOWEST price, the average is more like £1250 or so.

I said it in the other thread but there seems to be a massive overreaction in some quarters, people are jumping the fact that prices are 'mega inflated' instead of 'super mega inflated' and spouting stuff around this big crash and scalpers losing out, when the real issue is the the scalpers needing to choose whether they want to drive the Ferrari or the Lambo to the bank.

Associate
The competitor I got my 3070 from for £900 is presently selling it for £959 - reduced from £1,399 (a saving they say of '£441' - lol! Scalper math :D)

Associate
Not that I am after one. The AIB 3080 Ti retail prices are a joke. £1.7+ (plenty of stock available)… god knows how scalpers are coping with that lol.

FE versions are only just hitting the £1.3k on scalpbay (I am seeing less interest). So not much profit to make now.

Last edited:
Associate
Not that I am after one. The AIB 3080 Ti retail prices are a joke. £1.7+ (plenty of stock available)… god knows how scalpers are coping with that lol.

FE versions are only just hitting the £1.3k on scalpbay (I am seeing less interest). So not much profit to make now.
I bought an MSI 3080 Ti Suprim for £1689 a bit over a week ago from an online store and it was £200 cheaper than anywhere else.

I then had a word with myself as I already have a Sapphire 6800xt Nitro+ and the 3080 ti would only be about 15% faster at 4k and FSR will hopefully bridge that gap.

So I cancelled it and saved myself an £800 upgrade but still slightly regret it. :D

Thank god I have the 6800 water cooled so it wasn't just a straight swap, I may have been unable to sway myself then.

Back
Top Bottom