Great Samsung Deals - 206BW, 226BW, 2232BW & 245B !!

C64

C64

Soldato
The marks and scratches on the back and top side of the case on my brand new slovakian panel as well as all the stickers being at ridiculously wonky angles(if you cant even be bothered to put a sticker on mildly straight leads me to believe you don't really care about the rest of the build and are just churning them as fast as possible) is all the evidence i need in my eyes that it was not built with any due care and attention.Put together with stuck pixels three of them dead center bad viewing angles worse than my 17" acer which is 150/150 nobody else seems to have experienced that low quality apart from fellow slovakian cmo owners which have posted in this and other threads.
The only people that seem to be complaining on here and other forums all have cmo panels manufactured
in slovakia coincidence or evidence that quality standards aren't as high i leave up to the people.

Last edited:
Associate
UPDATE:

I've been doing some further testing with my "Made in Slovakia August 2007" CMO panel 226BW.

The viewing angle on mine is very good, with the exception if I look at it from the bottom to top, which causes darkening. Other angles are very good.

I also did some testing with the colour settings posted on the internet which make it look just like the S panel. I found no improvement so I think the default settings of my CMO panel is actually good. I also compared it to my Sony 17" LCD screen, the colours on the Sony are slightly better but with further tweaking my CMO should look exactly the same.

I also did some gaming, no ghosting at all and games like BF2 and FSX look great.

I had backlight bleeding before which is now just noticeable only on the right side of the screen, no bleeding on the top which i had earlier.(Is this possible?)

However I still have the ghosting on light grey backgrounds when i move the cursor, that is the only real problem I find with my CMO panel.

Other than that I'm quite satisfied, actually if I didn't know it was a CMO panel I would have probably thought I had an S panel.

C64

C64

Soldato
Can i asked have you owned an S panel how on earth would you know if it's as good as an S panel.As for viewing angles mine were laughable just looking straight on at the screen left the top half darker.
Even a slight movement left and right like 1 inch changed the screen which does not happen on my acer.
I am not saying that all panels from slovakia are bad but hey the vast majority of people not satisfied with their 226bw's are cmo's made in slovakia so it stands to reason that more bad ones are coming from that factory than other factory's.Glad your 226bw is good.

Last edited:
Associate
Surely you know what I meant.

I have no reason to beleive that there can be so much difference between the S panel and my CMO panel since my CMO looks great. Maybe I was lucky, I don't know but as I said, compared to my Sony which is an excellent LCD monitor, there is no significant difference.

C64

C64

Soldato
Yes i know what you mean but i am just someone who doesn't like paying a premium for high quality and getting nearish high quality with issues.Anyway i am done with tn film and am buying a dell 2407 from here as soon as there's a special on and have no further reason to comment on the 226bw.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lowering an outrageously High price to a price thats still above everyone else doesn't make for a "Great Deal" in my eyes :p

*Snip*

Lol ive been thinking this for a long time.

HI there

As to a comparison of the DELL 2407 and Samsung 245B well they are both amazing panels. However if viewing angles are important then the DELL wins hands down.

The Samsung is TN based so if your looking up at the screen then things don't look great. If you looking head on or from slightly above then its a great panel with fantastic colours and the price makes it a bargain, however its no DELL beater, but for the price it is better value and makes a fantastic gaming monitor. :)

People are having all these problems and your still trying to sell them to others and ignoring the fact that you still stock Cmo as well. Sorry but i find that to be very poor indeed.

I would not buy these screen untill i know for sure its an S panel.

Soldato

People are having all these problems and your still trying to sell them to others and ignoring the fact that you still stock Cmo as well. Sorry but i find that to be very poor indeed.

Ok crossing off Samsung 24inch off my list, I think the only viable option is the Dell non HC atm !

C64

C64

Soldato
Because they don't know if it's tn film or spva specs suggest it's tn film and spva at the same time.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP

Hi there

First of all get of your high horse! :rolleyes:

Secondly in the post you have quoted me on is about the 245B, as far as I am aware there is no panel lottery with the 245B though I might be wrong.

Thirdly we have no clue as to what panels are in any of our Samsung monitors as the only way to find out is to actually dissamble the panels, that is something OcUK is not willing to do and neither will any other etailor as such acts would void any warranties with Samsung.

Lastly again this post was in regard to the 245B which supposedly does not suffer from the panel lottery and judging by the amount sold and the amount of people posting here who are happy with 245B's would lead anyone to assume they are good panels.

The panel lottery is with the 226BW, we have no idea of what the panel is inside them and it would be very bad business wise not to sell the model at all.

OcUK Staff
OP
The marks and scratches on the back and top side of the case on my brand new slovakian panel as well as all the stickers being at ridiculously wonky angles(if you cant even be bothered to put a sticker on mildly straight leads me to believe you don't really care about the rest of the build and are just churning them as fast as possible) is all the evidence i need in my eyes that it was not built with any due care and attention.Put together with stuck pixels three of them dead center bad viewing angles worse than my 17" acer which is 150/150 nobody else seems to have experienced that low quality apart from fellow slovakian cmo owners which have posted in this and other threads.
The only people that seem to be complaining on here and other forums all have cmo panels manufactured
in slovakia coincidence or evidence that quality standards aren't as high i leave up to the people.

Hi there

What you have had could happen with a product made in any country and any factory. The 223BW I've looked at is Slovakien made, it is completely unmarked, the panel is fine and its a superb monitor.

The 245B I've seen was also Slovakien made and again it was superb, no issues whatsoever.

Just because its maybe a poor country and the people work for far less pay than say we would accept in the UK does not make the quality of the work any worse than that in a richer country.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Well i've had my new 2232BW for three days now and i love it, fantastic looking and great quality screen, Me very happy. :)

Associate
Well i've had my new 2232BW for three days now and i love it, fantastic looking and great quality screen, Me very happy. :)

I got one yesterday, and while generally I'm very happy with it in most ways it does seem to have significant enough backlight bleed, I was just wondering if this was a common enough issue with that panel

Back
Top Bottom