Great Samsung Deals - 206BW, 226BW, 2232BW & 245B !!

Associate
Can I just weigh in here about the 226bw. I got mine today and to be honest I don't see much wrong with it at all. There is a very very slight concave to it but you will only notice if you really look for it. It's true that if your viewing it from below center the top section of the monitor will darken a little. As long as you are directly in front or above it you'll be fine. Evidently, some people are fussy about these things and want it to be 100% perfect which is understandable. But I think for the price this is an excellent monitor that has only a few very minor issues.

C64

C64

Soldato
And what if your under 6 feet tall your always below the optimal viewing angles.
It cannot be tilted forward it's always on a slight lean back.

Soldato
Can I just weigh in here about the 226bw. I got mine today and to be honest I don't see much wrong with it at all. There is a very very slight concave to it but you will only notice if you really look for it. It's true that if your viewing it from below center the top section of the monitor will darken a little. As long as you are directly in front or above it you'll be fine. Evidently, some people are fussy about these things and want it to be 100% perfect which is understandable. But I think for the price this is an excellent monitor that has only a few very minor issues.

and it will get better....for some reason the backlight bleed(the little there is) seems to fade away......mine is barely noticable in a very dark room(black screen).

Soldato
And what if your under 6 feet tall your always below the optimal viewing angles.

it doesnt take much to put something under the back of the stand to tilt it slightly.....aslong as your not sat too close the viewing angles arent a problem.

i know u had a bad experience with the monitor but had u got a decent one u would have been singing a different tune.

i still have my 19" crt on the next computer...and it looks blurry in comparison/colours are not as vivid/brightness contrast is very low ........there is no way i would go back to a crt even though i used to think it was great before i got my 226bw.
poor viewing angles are no excuse to going back to staring at a dull lifeless blurry small screen that gave me headaches....especially when im sat infront of the computer so viewing angles dont even matter.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
went in to all the shops on tottenham court road.

micro anvika: "what's a panel?" so i left
another shop was charging £270 for a 226BW which i found quite amusing :D

in another shop, the bloke said that samsung are out of stock of the 226BW at the moment, but he said that there is a huge shipment of samsung monitors on its way from korea, so they should all be the S panels..
if this is true, they should be here next week

Permabanned

So you stand up to use a monitor...?

Give it a rest for gods sake!! we know you hate TFT screens and the 226BW is at the top of that pile, but your whine is really getting old...:rolleyes:

C64

C64

Soldato
That above statement sums it up for me how is being below the viewing angle standing up duh. I am talking about when sat down if your short then your heads going to be about 1 foot under the top of the screen and it cannot be tilted forward any more so your stuck with a screen with the top half in a dark shadow unless you do a ronnie corbit style cushion arragement.As for my whine somebody needs to point out the negative side as some people are easily impressed by a sub standard screen and recommend it,just because they are easily wowed is not a reason to recommend it.
So you got an S panel and were lucky but somebody else may get one of the crap ones like me and some guy on here did and be utterly disappointed like we were, i did not fire it up find out which panel it was and then be disappointed i knew straght away and had no need to open it up.Other than saying how great it is i can't really see what you have or are contributing in any way.
Great you got an S panel well am i allowed to say i got a slovakian cmo and it was truely dreadful or do you want me to lie and say how fantastic it was?.If you get an S panel then it's a great monitor if you get a Cmo then it is not and the differences are not just color the viewing angles are far worse on the cmo as it is a completely different screen the only part that is samsung linked is the overdrive to bring to 2ms its the exact same model found in cmo's own brand $200 screen with 85/85 viewing angles, want to swap for my CMO panel then if you are so sure?i'll take your S and you have my cmo we have a deal?.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am 6"7 and without a doubt the worst thing about my current screen (Samsung 913N) is that is not height adjustable. I know what C64 is saying.

To be honest I wouldn't mind much a TN Film, but you are basically paying premium for a nice bezel and the fact that it says Samsung. There are very nice 22" for £150-£160.

I wouldn't like having the bloody panel lottery either, I think it's a joke Samsung are doing it. It is misleading and to be honest doesn't put much confidence in the brand name.

About the chair ... It is not that easy. I have one at home and at work but still at home is so much more uncomfortable due to the fact that I can only tilt my screen.

Associate
I have kept close tabs on this thread and its developments, I was dam close to hitting "buy" last week for the 226BW, I was half expecting the "lottery" though...4 different suppliers, different ages of stock...pick straws fellas !!:eek:

And I concur with C64's height problem, my current 19" TFT suffers from the viewing angle problem, both vertical and horizontal, so I will be looking for a much better result when I eventually find the right 22" or 24" panel for me, i.e. gaming 24/7! [with a little surfing thrown in ;)

From what I am reading , then its S-Panel technology for me.

I hope you get sorted C64, and don't give up on technology....progress halts for no man !

Soldato
I am 6"7 and without a doubt the worst thing about my current screen (Samsung 913N) is that is not height adjustable. I know what C64 is saying.

To be honest I wouldn't mind much a TN Film, but you are basically paying premium for a nice bezel and the fact that it says Samsung. There are very nice 22" for £150-£160.

I wouldn't like having the bloody panel lottery either, I think it's a joke Samsung are doing it. It is misleading and to be honest doesn't put much confidence in the brand name.

About the chair ... It is not that easy. I have one at home and at work but still at home is so much more uncomfortable due to the fact that I can only tilt my screen.

i couldnt care less for the brand name, it was all the reviews that i read about it that made me want one.
i did hold off for a year because like so many others i didnt want to take the lottery(surely its border line illegal what samsung are doing)i ended up getting one from a shop where i knew i could take it back....but didnt need to as it was new stock which happened to be a S panel .
its an amazing panel ... apart from the viewing angles which dont affect me...i couldnt pick a fault with it.
its has great bright vivid colours...picture is pin sharp which makes a crt look blurry in comparison...it has great contrast and brightness compared to a crt.
text is so so easy to read.....with a low contrast and brightness settings its like reading a book.

gaming was fine but reading forums/text became a pain for me on the crt...started to get a lot of eye strain and headaches with it even on 100hz.
now almost always my contrast and brightness settings are fairly low and my monitor looks like a picture on a wall apart from when im gaming...which is easily changed with 1 of the built in profiles.
the size of the screen is great too..full 22 inches .....with crt u never get the full size of the screen.....i know a 19 inch 4:3 is meant to be same height as a 22 inch tft but its not the case with crt's.....my 226bw has 1 extra inch in height.

so all is left is the viewing angles.....if a person is not capable of tilting their monitor forward/getting a different stand/adjusting their seat/ sitting anywhere near the right height then i would advise against getting this monitor.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

After hearing the mention of these all possibly been S panels and finding a supplier with a reasonable large quantity of stock I've pulled a few units in. We've also got a fantastic deal on the price too and as such expect these to be on a certain deal of the week soon. :)

Samsung SM-223BW 21.6" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Glossy Black
MO-056-SA_400.jpg

Imagine having elbow room on screen. That’s exactly what you get with the Samsung BW series of widescreen LCD monitors. Wide 16:10 aspect ratios let you multitask, with room for more than one application at a time. The extra room also makes working with graphics programs and multiple tool palletes easier. An ultra-fast 5 ms (G to G) response time is perfect for motion graphics editing. And exclusive MagicBright 3,™ MagicColor™ and MagicTune™ technologies give you complete control over outstanding color. All the color. All the room. With the Samsung BW series, it’s not hard to imagine.

- Viewable Area: 22” Widescreen (1680x1050 Resolution)
- Interface: Analog / Digital
- Response Time: 5ms
- 16.7M Colours
- Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
- Viewing Angle (H/V): 170°/ 160°
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- 3 Years On-Site Warranty with Samsung

Price: £169.99+VAT (£199.74 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

Tomorrow I will open a few of these up and see if they are the S-panel. My supplier confirms this is older stock and as such the chances of these possibly been S-panels seems pretty good. Plus from the comments on these forums some people seem to believe that all 223BW's feature S-panels, is this true?

Remember our current price is good, very competitive however I am gonna drop the price further for our weekly deals making OcUK the cheapest. :)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
screw this.. i've ordered a Dell 2007WFP :p
i'm not a hardcore gamer. it's mainly going to be work and movies
same res as a 22" so i'm sure it'll be fine

16ms response time isn't the end of the world..

Back
Top Bottom