Poll: Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [11th - 13th July 2020]

When will Utd be awarded their first penalty tonight

• Before the 1st drinks break

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Between the 1st drinks break & HT

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Between HT & the 2nd drinks break

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Between the 2nd drinks break & FT

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Don
OP
VAR has basically become a lucky dip. You see the Palace goal ruled out yesterday that, at best, was 50-50 and then you get clearly wrong decisions and VAR sits on its hands.

fez

fez

Caporegime
For sure. I said Bruno last week should have walked and i dont think he meant it. That was dirty. Awful by Romeu

Nothing about what Bruno did last week was dangerous or intentional though... Every time a players foot leaves the ground it could come down on a players ankle. Doesn't mean its dangerous.

Man of Honour
VAR has basically become a lucky dip. You see the Palace goal ruled out yesterday that, at best, was 50-50 and then you get clearly wrong decisions and VAR sits on its hands.

I'm generally for VAR (or something like it) but as it stands it's just implemented all wrong. It needs to go and come back when things are sorted out.

Soldato
Nothing about what Bruno did last week was dangerous or intentional though... Every time a players foot leaves the ground it could come down on a players ankle. Doesn't mean its dangerous.

I disagree. I thought it was dangerous. Connect that high and its automatically dangerous but he didnt mean it. That doesnt make it red though.

Neville summed that challenge up for me. He went to "do him" and he did. Brunos is debatable as youve just proved that was just vile and he needs banning.

Don
OP
I'm generally for VAR (or something like it) but as it stands it's just implemented all wrong. It needs to go and come back when things are sorted out.
VAR for subjective decisions was always going to be a mess. You were not only going to end up with inconsistent decisions but there was always going to be decisions like today and the Fernandes pen vs Villa that were so clearly wrong but not get overturned leaving supporters bemused as to what's going on.

VAR's not going anywhere, we can just only hope that, like they did with cricket, this clear and obvious thing disappears and they just let the VAR make the correct decisiosn. Using technology and still giving the incorrect decision is just stupid.
but If you listen to @BaZ87 VAR favours us lol
They have to give 1 decision against you per season or else you'll have nothing to cry about stiggy.

Back
Top Bottom