Poll: Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [11th - 13th July 2020]

When will Utd be awarded their first penalty tonight

• Before the 1st drinks break

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Between the 1st drinks break & HT

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Between HT & the 2nd drinks break

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Between the 2nd drinks break & FT

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Don
OP
Id argue that he hasnt gone to challenge for the ball and instead essentially kicked him off the ball. Obviously it wasnt snails pace but he has zero intention of going for the ball and therefore hes walking.

If you arent going for the ball and its clear like in this case you arent why is force relevant?
Then you're sending people off for shirt pulls and the like too. I think we had this debate after the Son red card vs Everton - those aren't the rules, whether you agree or not.

Soldato
Then you're sending people off for shirt pulls and the like too. I think we had this debate after the Son red card vs Everton - those aren't the rules, whether you agree or not.

It wasnt me that said he went to do him. Neville did. If thats his intention then why is he arguing that the force is relevant? It isnt...his intention at that moment is to hurt Greenwood in some way therefore the force is completely irrelevant.

Don
OP
It wasnt me that said he went to do him. Neville did. If thats his intention then why is he arguing that the force is relevant? It isnt...his intention at that moment is to hurt Greenwood in some way therefore the force is completely irrelevant.
Because the rules state that it's only a red card if excessive force has been used and endangered the opposition player. That's the rules and why it's relevant.

Soldato
Because the rules state that it's only a red card if excessive force has been used and endangered the opposition player. That's the rules and why it's relevant.

Correct. Theres also "serious foul play" which id argue that is.

Edit im off to bed. Reply in the morning.

Lol

Back
Top Bottom