Poll: Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [11th - 13th July 2020]

When will Utd be awarded their first penalty tonight

• Before the 1st drinks break

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Between the 1st drinks break & HT

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Between HT & the 2nd drinks break

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Between the 2nd drinks break & FT

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

fez

fez

Caporegime
Whether the rules state it or not, if a tackle touches the ball and takes out the man and he hasn't gone through him to get that touch, its usually not a foul. Its ridiculous but thats how the refs seem to play it.

In more important news, Sheffield United are beating Chelsea 2-0 currently.

Soldato
Whether the rules state it or not, if a tackle touches the ball and takes out the man and he hasn't gone through him to get that touch, its usually not a foul. Its ridiculous but thats how the refs seem to play it.

In more important news, Sheffield United are beating Chelsea 2-0 currently.

It happened on Salah and we were given a free kick in the same game...

Don
OP
If he actually dispossesses the attacker, yes but that wasn't the case here. The Burnley player was in possession, is about to lose the ball and takes a wild swipe and ends up grazing the ball right into Robertson's path. Robertson is only in possession of the ball after the touch from the Burnley player and is then taken out.

Don
OP
If Pep's confidence is anything to go by then City's ban is getting overturned. This is a massive loss for Chelsea.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Im not saying it shouldn't have been a penalty but they are quite often not given. In plenty of tackles where the defender grazes the ball might end up with the tackled player if they hadn't been taken out by the tackle. Just the way it usually goes.

Soldato
Im not saying it shouldn't have been a penalty but they are quite often not given. In plenty of tackles where the defender grazes the ball might end up with the tackled player if they hadn't been taken out by the tackle. Just the way it usually goes.

Oh i know but theres no consistency. Like i said it happened to Salah in the very same game abd its a foul. Its like if its in the box it isnt given.

Don
OP
Possibly but I'd guestimate that only 30% of all penalties are ever given anyway. I'm sure that even Utd fans, with their 150 pens this season, can think of several clear penalties that haven't been given for them this season. Just like the Kane appeal from the other day and countless others, it was a foul today but officials are scared of giving penalties and will look for excuses not to give them. It's human nature to avoid making a big call but unfortunately (and something I've banged on about for years) it plays a big part in the whole diving/simulation situation we see now. Attackers can't just be fouled to win pens now, they have to be seen to be absolutely smashed and left with a broken leg for a foul to be awarded.

fez

fez

Caporegime
no one knows who the judges are. Its CAS but you dont know whos ruling on it.

I believe anyway...im doubting myself now lol.

I'm sure a sufficiently motivated party could grease the right palms to find out who was making the decisions.

If they are completely independent and they job is to be an impartial party then Citys entire 2 year ban should be upheld. I can't see any reason for it not to be. City agreed to abide by the rules and they haven't.

Don
OP
no one knows who the judges are. Its CAS but you dont know whos ruling on it.

I believe anyway...im doubting myself now lol.
It's not the case. 2 seconds on google and I can tell you that the 3 judges are Rui Botica Santos from Portugal, Professor Ulrich Haas of Germany and Andrew McDougall from France.
If the ban gets overturned, all other teams might as well just stick two fingers up and spend whatever they like.
There is a small problem with that rob, all other teams don't have trillions of oil money to spend.

Caporegime
It's not the case. 2 seconds on google and I can tell you that the 3 judges are Rui Botica Santos from Portugal, Professor Ulrich Haas of Germany and Andrew McDougall from France.

There is a small problem with that rob, all other teams don't have trillions of oil money to spend.
It doesn’t matter how much you’ve got, it’s whether or not you adhere to the FFP rules. A lower prem team could spend a quarter of what city do and still end up breaking the rules.

Back
Top Bottom