Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 19th Sept 2021]

Caporegime
You would've thought Southgate's monumental **** up in the Euros would've taught managers that bringing a player on cold to take a penalty without touching a ball is not a good idea.

Glad he missed.

fez

fez

Caporegime
You would've thought Southgate's monumental **** up in the Euros would've taught managers that bringing a player on cold to take a penalty without touching a ball is not a good idea.

Glad he missed.

Who would have thought not making any subs for 90+ minutes in the final of a major competition would seem a good idea but both Ole and Southgate did it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
What about the AWB one?

If Soucek was getting anywhere near the ball you would have a point but he literally just interferes with AWBs attempt to cut out a pass. Which he would have done if Soucek did tangle up his legs.

We could easily have had 2 penalties in that game and the second one was pretty stone wall.

VARs biggest issue is still the **** standards of refereeing. The Walker one yesterday just boggles the mind.

Caporegime
We can't control the midfield because control implies that you know what you are doing which we never do. Its all off the cuff. Good teams rip us to pieces if we try to go toe to toe because our positional sense and shape are non-existent. We get outplayed in the midfield game after game against a lot of sides in the league but players like Pogba and Fernandes play those killer balls that render that kind of moot because we still score.

Honestly, if we didn't turtle and hit good teams on the break we would get battered. We're the same defensively though. The only time we look half handy in defence is when we pack our 18 yard box and actually fight defensively. Teams are constantly going into dead ends against us and coming out with the ball because we don't tackle and we don't pressure. It happened today on so many occasions. 3-4 guys around the WH player and no one actually makes him do something before he is ready and then suddenly 3 of our players are out of position and the ball is still with the opposition.

If you replaced our team with the quality of players WH have we would genuinely get relegated with the football we play. Its so disjointed and we are so much less than the sum of our parts.

We are weak defensively no doubt but back when Ole first took over we were fantastic. I think we had the third best defence in the league in his first half/first full season. That was when we were playing three at the back so he can obviously coach it. I am hoping when Scotty can get more time it will get better.

I also think our defensive frailty is due to our midfield and forward players. They are not big on tracking back are they. That will change when Rashford starts getting more game time.

Caporegime
The contact doesnt cause Ronaldo to go down the way he does. Unless theres another angle i cant see any contact until ronaldos going down.

Looks like he wipes him out to me, funny how different people can see different things.

Edit: You know what, im not so sure after seeing that angle from behind. Not seen that until just now.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The contact doesnt cause Ronaldo to go down the way he does. Unless theres another angle i cant see any contact until ronaldos going down.

You can't tackle like that in the box in much the same way you can't leave your arm out like Shaw did. Shaw can put his arm wherever he likes as long as it doesn't get hit and the defender can tackle Ronaldo like that that as long as he gets the ball. Shaws arm was hit and the defender didn't get the ball. Both should have been penalties. Only one was.

Caporegime
Defensively we've been fine so far, we look much better from set pieces too. 50% of the goals we've conceded have been ridiculous deflections. Ayling's one was an absolute banger. The only avoidable goal we've conceded was the Newcastle one really.

Back
Top Bottom