Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 30th December 2021]

Don
Our all round game vs West Ham was worse than that but that was the worst we've attacked all season. Particularly in the first half we were getting into so many attacking positions but our play in and around Leicester's penalty area was appalling - no calmness or composure, just trying to force a goal in and on the few times we forced a chance, our finishing was pretty horrific.

Caporegime
Poor today, had 4-5 good to great oppurtunities and just didn't score. An enormous amount of scumbags in that home end

So what’s the excuse for this one? To not score a single goal against this Leicester side of late with extra time to plan for it seems pretty tragic.

?

Klopp complaining about the issue with two games in 48 hours each December is not relevant to today's result.

I haven't checked but I would bet over the past 3-4 seasons Liverpool are probably the best team in the league in terms of PPG during December. Historically a very good month for Klopp however there are a much higher risk of injuries. Simply for player welfare the 26th+28th fixtures are a bad scenario, ignoring the rest of the December congestion

Don't think Man City will be caught now.

Yep, it is all over.
If Chelsea can keep spending they may mount a challenge before Pep leaves but other than that it requires basically 12-13 Liverpool players to stay fit and on form for basically a whole season to compete.

Soldato
Pathetic lazy half arsed performance, deserved nothing from the game as because as soon as we got to the final 3rd we just lost the ability to have any meaningful play.

Leicester proving that time wasting does work, ref even blew before the minimum added time (not that it would've made 1 iota of difference).

Caporegime
We bossed the entire game, missed a penalty, missed an easy chance, then they nicked a goal. They were lucky is all with a well taken goal.
You missed those chances. That’s not unlucky, that’s poor on your behalf. Leicester took theirs. You don’t win a game by stats, you win it by finishing chances. You didn’t, they did. Leicester deserved their victory. The fact that the actual players admit it but you don’t is quite embarassing. Even Klopp said they deserved it. Have some shame man.

Permabanned
You missed those chances. That’s not unlucky, that’s poor on your behalf. Leicester took theirs. You don’t win a game by stats, you win it by finishing chances. You didn’t, they did. Leicester deserved their victory. The fact that the actual players admit it but you don’t is quite embarassing. Even Klopp said they deserved it. Have some shame man.

Poor trolling. :cry: I stand by the facts.

Man of Honour
Missing chances doesn't mean you deserved to win. Leicester were heavily depleted and Liverpool were poor for large parts of the game. I thought Leicester were good value for the win, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom