Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 30th December 2021]

Soldato
Ive only seen highlights but the ref again decided that game. That isnt a foul by Mount in the 90th minute and Chelsea should have had two pens, one for the most obvious hand ball youll see lol. Shambles.

Soldato
They also missed the 2 footer from Rudiger, Tuchel is complaining he has Covid and injuries to contend with while everyone else has full squads:-

The German manager explained: "We have seven Covid cases. We have five or six players out for six or more weeks. How should we compete in a title race?

"Everyone else who has a full squad, everybody in training has the full power to come through this league.

"We would be stupid to think we can do it out of Covid and injuries. Just play and everybody would be stupid to do it without 23 fit players."

Now who actually has a full squad with 0 injuries or Covid cases but he knows I guess, anytime a team has injuries they have to suck it up why should it be any different now? As soon as the 1st match was called off due to Covid cases the league should've been suspended but money is more important to the FA, UEFA and FIFA so it's hardly surprising that games go ahead

Soldato
They also missed the 2 footer from Rudiger, Tuchel is complaining he has Covid and injuries to contend with while everyone else has full squads:-

The German manager explained: "We have seven Covid cases. We have five or six players out for six or more weeks. How should we compete in a title race?

"Everyone else who has a full squad, everybody in training has the full power to come through this league.

"We would be stupid to think we can do it out of Covid and injuries. Just play and everybody would be stupid to do it without 23 fit players."

Now who actually has a full squad with 0 injuries or Covid cases but he knows I guess, anytime a team has injuries they have to suck it up why should it be any different now? As soon as the 1st match was called off due to Covid cases the league should've been suspended but money is more important to the FA, UEFA and FIFA so it's hardly surprising that games go ahead

In his defence it doesnt help when for eg Newcastles game is called of for Covid AND injuries. So if a team has a smaller squad they get the game postponed? That simply isnt fair.

fez

fez

Caporegime
That was an utterly awful challenge from Rudiger. Wow. And that was 100% a handball but I didn't notice it in the highlights and none of the players appealed so I can see why it was missed. If one of them had complained it would 100% have been a penalty.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
That was an utterly awful challenge from Rudiger. Wow. And that was 100% a handball but I didn't notice it in the highlights and none of the players appealed so I can see why it was missed. If one of them had complained it would 100% have been a penalty.

I dunno, it bounces up off his foot, not much he can do about it

fez

fez

Caporegime
I dunno, it bounces up off his foot, not much he can do about it

Didn't look like it comes up off his foot and I would wager that the stooped position and arm location and the fact it would almost certainly have been a goal without the handball wouldn't help.

That Rudiger challenge though. I have no idea how that wasn't a straight red. @omnomnom, verdict?

Soldato
Didn't look like it comes up off his foot and I would wager that the stooped position and arm location and the fact it would almost certainly have been a goal without the handball wouldn't help.

That Rudiger challenge though. I have no idea how that wasn't a straight red. @omnomnom, verdict?

I love how ive become the forum referee.

Red card like Ronaldos ;)

Soldato
In his defence it doesnt help when for eg Newcastles game is called of for Covid AND injuries. So if a team has a smaller squad they get the game postponed? That simply isnt fair.
Which is why I said the league should've been suspended, Man City got to play a severely depleted Leeds side with under 17s on the bench but a couple of days later Liverpools game against Leeds is called off and they will then have to play later in the year when Leeds will invariably be better off strength wise due to injury recoveries etc. if this isn't compromising the integrity of the league then I don't know what is as it's not a level playing field, teams have to deal with injuries every year but not Covid cases so when players start dropping then the league should be suspended

Soldato
Which is why I said the league should've been suspended, Man City got to play a severely depleted Leeds side with under 17s on the bench but a couple of days later Liverpools game against Leeds is called off and they will then have to play later in the year when Leeds will invariably be better off strength wise due to injury recoveries etc. if this isn't compromising the integrity of the league then I don't know what is as it's not a level playing field, teams have to deal with injuries every year but not Covid cases so when players start dropping then the league should be suspended

Its likely to be in January during AFCON to make it worse lol

Caporegime
Surprised the Rudiger challenge wasn’t flagged, that clown Clatenburg even said it was only a yellow as he tackled in front of the player…

He’s two footed and off the ground, I don’t see why it wasn’t a red.

Man of Honour
Absolutely massive game tonight. The club is in a mess. We have players who are throwing toys out of the pram constantly, and a manager who hasn't been in post 5 minutes...

I hope we see wholesale changes. Another tragic performance like Newcastle & Norwich and I think a few release clauses may end up being triggered in January to get some new faces in. Rangnick just won't accept that level of effort, nor will the fans.

Permabanned
I hope you put in a good performance and start to turn things around but at the same time seeing Man U get battered by Burnley would be absolutely immense :cry::cry::cry:

Caporegime
Burnley will park the bus, hoof ball and the likes whilst United pass it around in front of them. Has all the makings of an absolute turd unless United score early.

I’ll tune in with the hope of Burnley taking a rogering but I doubt it’ll happen! :p

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Absolutely massive game tonight. The club is in a mess. We have players who are throwing toys out of the pram constantly, and a manager who hasn't been in post 5 minutes..

Part of the problem is that Ole was a nice guy until the end so there was unlikely to be a massive new manager bounce. Something has changed over the summer as well and I don't know if its existing fissures in the team opening up more since results went south or what. Maybe its certain players not pulling their weight and getting paid twice what other players who are putting in a shift are earning. Who knows. Whatever it is though, there are some deep set issues.

I am hoping that a lack of training, Christmas and COVID have caused some of these issues for Rangnick but my head tells me that those are just exacerbating deeper problems.

Caporegime
Part of the problem is that Ole was a nice guy until the end so there was unlikely to be a massive new manager bounce. Something has changed over the summer as well and I don't know if its existing fissures in the team opening up more since results went south or what. Maybe its certain players not pulling their weight and getting paid twice what other players who are putting in a shift are earning. Who knows. Whatever it is though, there are some deep set issues.

I am hoping that a lack of training, Christmas and COVID have caused some of these issues for Rangnick but my head tells me that those are just exacerbating deeper problems.

It has everything to do with Ronaldo coming into the team.

You can have one luxury player in the team and Bruno Fernandes is that man. It's pointless trying to build a team around a player that has a couple of years left.

I fear exactly the same for PSG as well. Messi is exactly the same problem for them.

This is not a dig against Ronaldo he is imo the best player to have played the game but football has evolved and it was far better when we had Martial, Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho was meant to be that final piece.

I also think that getting rid of Ole was a knee jerk reaction. Something has clearly gone wrong and from the outside I can only look at Ronaldo.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It has everything to do with Ronaldo coming into the team.

I think it was a massive error bringing him back and I wonder how much Ole wanted him but honestly, Ole should have gone at the end of the last season when it was clear that he was treading water at best and regressing in some areas. I think Ronaldo has shaken things up for the worse massively but its a hard discussion to have as most people seem to only look at football as an output game rather than a spectrum where small changes can make massive differences and stats without context are easily misinterpreted.

Soldato
I think it was a massive error bringing him back and I wonder how much Ole wanted him but honestly, Ole should have gone at the end of the last season when it was clear that he was treading water at best and regressing in some areas. I think Ronaldo has shaken things up for the worse massively but its a hard discussion to have as most people seem to only look at football as an output game rather than a spectrum where small changes can make massive differences and stats without context are easily misinterpreted.
That’s clear TBH, he’s upset the whole balance of your team and taking a place from a great prospect in sancho

Back
Top Bottom