Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30th Jan - 1st Feb 2024]

Soldato
I just hope he doesn't go and get himself purposely suspended when Liverpool next play man utd, always fun to play a team where the captain goes missing and just rolls around play acting, asking to be subbed. Guys a coward.

Don
He's the type of player you love to have on your team and hate when he plays elsewhere, same as Henry, Salah, Robben, half the Atletico team etc
That's some comparison Shami. Parking the view of opposition fans to one side, plenty of Utd fans can't stand Fernandes, I'm not sure you could say the same about Liverpool fans with Salah or Arsenal fans with Henry.

Caporegime
That's some comparison Shami. Parking the view of opposition fans to one side, plenty of Utd fans can't stand Fernandes, I'm not sure you could say the same about Liverpool fans with Salah or Arsenal fans with Henry.
People always look for figures to blame when the team isn't doing well. I imagine Liverpool fans would be the same if the team's positions were reversed.

Don
People always look for figures to blame when the team isn't doing well. I imagine Liverpool fans would be the same if the team's positions were reversed.
We've had a couple of seasons where things haven't gone well and Salah's never been the one that's had the finger pointed at him, probably as he's the one that's always performed.

Caporegime
We've had a couple of seasons where things haven't gone well and Salah's never been the one that's had the finger pointed at him, probably as he's the one that's always performed.
And Bruno has always been the top or second top performer for us, in every single season he's been here. You haven't even had two consecutive seasons where things haven't gone well, it's not remotely comparable. If people on here think he's so poor then who is better in his role? It's just De Bruyne and has been since he arrived here. If he was available tomorrow a whole host of top clubs would want him and anyone who says otherwise is in pure denial.

Last edited:
Don
And Bruno has always been the top or second top performer for us, in every single season he's been here. You haven't even had two consecutive seasons where things haven't gone well, it's not remotely comparable. If people on here think he's so poor then who is better in his role? It's just De Bruyne and has been since he arrived here. If he was available tomorrow a whole host of top clubs would want him and anyone who says otherwise is in pure denial.
I didn't comment on his ability :confused: I was responding to your post about home fans love him but opposition fans hate him and the comparison to Salah and Henry. Not only do I think more opposition fans dislike Fernandes more but plenty of Utd fans do too and the same definitely cannot be said about Salah or Henry - they're both adored by Liverpool and Arsenal fans respectively.

On your point about other clubs wanting him, I'm sure some would but what I would say is I don't believe for one second Klopp or Guardiola would go near him. He's a talented player but has a terrible attitude and as I've said before over the years, I think his position causes Utd problems.

Caporegime
I didn't comment on his ability :confused: I was responding to your post about home fans love him but opposition fans hate him and the comparison to Salah and Henry. Not only do I think more opposition fans dislike Fernandes more but plenty of Utd fans do too and the same definitely cannot be said about Salah or Henry - they're both adored by Liverpool and Arsenal fans respectively.

On your point about other clubs wanting him, I'm sure some would but what I would say is I don't believe for one second Klopp or Guardiola would go near him. He's a talented player but has a terrible attitude and as I've said before over the years, I think his position causes Utd problems.
I didn't say you did, I said people on here. Easy to claim they wouldn't when it can't be proved otherwise. No reason Bruno couldn't excel at City or Liverpool though. Pep wouldn't have Bruno but he's happy with Grealish? Come on. If City didn't have De Bruyne they'd dream of having Bruno. The attitude thing is 90% media clickbait, some lies are still spread because the ABU attitude reigns strong in England and will do for a long time because everyone is terrified of us being strong again.

And yes fanbases love those players because they were winning. Everyone loves a cheat/player who riles up opposition on your team when you're doing well.

Last edited:
Don
I didn't say you did, I said people on here.
Ok, you just confused me as your reply to me had no relevance to what I said. I completely disagree about Fernandes at Liverpool or City though. There's not a chance Klopp puts up with that whingebag, throwing his arms up in the air and sulking on the pitch.

It's not that often a teams own fans hate on a player, particularly a player as productive for the side as Fernandes has been but he's that much of a whingebag that plenty of Utd fans do.

Caporegime
Ok, you just confused me as your reply to me had no relevance to what I said. I completely disagree about Fernandes at Liverpool or City though. There's not a chance Klopp puts up with that whingebag, throwing his arms up in the air and sulking on the pitch.

It did lol, just not that part, that is why I added the people qualifier. Yeah I've never seen a Liverpool player complaining when things don't go their way lol. Suppose you're going to say nobody at City complains either?

Last edited:
Don
Jeez Shami. Yes, I've seen Liverpool and City players complaining but there's different levels and Fernandes is very much on the next level and is a frequent offender. Anyway I have no interest in going down this hole any further.

Man of Honour
Bruno is a great player, very capable like De Bruyne, but his performances are erratic and he does come across as a whiny idiot a lot of the time.

I know the team aren't performing well, but it's a similar story when he plays for Portugal. I think there's a real lack of structure or discipline to what he does, this is offset by his ability, but it will cost you against organised teams.

Really, it's very hard to judge any of our players at the moment as the performances are utterly horrendous and no player really looks good.

Wolves have been reasonably good this season, so we're probably going to lose tonight too. Performances have to seriously turn a corner now most of our injured players are back, or it's on ETH and he will be gone.

Caporegime
Wolves have been our boogie team in recent years, someone said we'd only beaten them by more than a goal once?? No idea if it is true. Strong team out but obviously a lot of players just coming back from injury. Rashford hopefully has a point to prove tonight.

Man of Honour
This has to be our strongest team, just about:

Onana; Dalot, Varane, Martinez, Shaw; Mainoo, Casemiro; Garnacho, Fernandes, Rashford; Hojlund

Pretty well balanced too.

Rashford is lucky to be playing (no great alternatives admittedly).

There simply must be a huge improvement.

Back
Top Bottom