Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30th Jan - 1st Feb 2024]

You can make a reasonable argument that both were or were not penalties, but it's not hypocritical to suggest that one is and one isn't. They're totally different situations.
No it’s the fact that in his eyes one is 100% a pen and the other 100% isn’t a pen, it just so happens that the one should have been given against Liverpool is the one that 100% wasn’t a pen

Last edited:
You can make a reasonable argument that both were or were not penalties, but it's not hypocritical to suggest that one is and one isn't. They're totally different situations.

Saved me the effort. Gallagher one was a lot more comparable and even at that not really quite the same

No it’s the fact that in his eyes one is 100% a pen and the other 100% isn’t a pen, it just so happens that the one should have been given against Liverpool is the one that 100% wasn’t a pen
Fair enough - I don't read his posts as him being adamant that one is absolutely a pen and one absolutely isn't, but if that's his position (which I doubt) then I agree with you

Jota one was a clear pen. Clear contact and it knocked his balance. Are you saying if he stayed on his feet it wouldn't be a pen? If so if the Chelsea player stays on his feet just then is it a pen?

Fair enough - I don't read his posts as him being adamant that one is absolutely a pen and one absolutely isn't, but if that's his position (which I doubt) then I agree with you
See for yourself
post 614
post 240

Last edited:
5pt lead back over Man City and Arsenal, got to think that if we beat Arsenal on Sunday (an 8pt lead over Arsenal) then that will be too big a gap for Arsenal, leaving just City to try and throw off.

See for yourself
I'm not reading back through the posts on either of those threads again. My point was simply that it's not totally unreasonable to think that one is a pen and the other not. Whether Purdy has specifically said that isn't something I'm fussed about

Back
Top Bottom