Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30th Jan - 1st Feb 2024]

Soldato
Half time and one of our best performances this season - the bar is low. Should be out of sight.
Fernandes has been poor - another 50% success rate on his contributions

Soldato
I enjoy Garnacho more on the right, I feel like he's far less selfish/goal orientated and much more impactful seeking space and stretching the defenders as a creator. Far more than Antony.

Rashford can't be trusted though on the left and isn't suddenly changing his spots, and suddenly develops a decision making football brain.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same, I think he shows a lot of promise and he works incredibly hard too.
If we don’t ruin him, and start properly supplying him he’ll score bag fulls of goals. His passing and link up has improved too.

I just fear for him in the current setup as he’s just not getting the service he needs. At least once that half, Rashford could have bent the ball round the player he was running at and holjund had half a yard on his marker running towards the 6 yard box but no - he chooses the harder option and runs into trouble and holjunds run is wasted.

Not to dwell in the past but players like Giggs, Beckham et al would have feed him till he was fit to burst.

Soldato
If we don’t ruin him, and start properly supplying him he’ll score bag fulls of goals. His passing and link up has improved too.

I just fear for him in the current setup as he’s just not getting the service he needs. At least once that half, Rashford could have bent the ball round the player he was running at and holjund had half a yard on his marker running towards the 6 yard box but no - he chooses the harder option and runs into trouble and holjunds run is wasted.

Not to dwell in the past but players like Giggs, Beckham et al would have feed him till he was fit to burst.
lol I can picture him getting pin point accurate pass after pass from Giggs and Becks, and just throwing up everywhere cos he cant handle them all :D

Man of Honour
Starting to have a bit of a wobble now... pen to Wolves

He's barely touched him in fairness, that is very tricky to judge

Edit : he taps his shin, but he goes down like he's been shot in the back by a Barrett M82

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom