Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10 - 11th November 2012]

Even Neville admitting that Suarez goal was the best technique you'll see on season and people on here and people saying anyone who is half decent could do it :D

Really this is Chelsea's to lose with our injurys.

This game will surely take the record for most european cup songs.

One more long ball and I'll slit my ******* wrists, really unbelieavable how bad we have been playing this season compared to last. I would love to be a fly on the wall on our dressing room and see what he is being said because it's baffling.

Even Neville admitting that Suarez goal was the best technique you'll see on season and people on here and people saying anyone who is half decent could do it :D

Really this is Chelsea's to lose with our injurys.

This game will surely take the record for most european cup songs.

Many would argue that it's Chelsea's to lose despite any injuries!

One more long ball and I'll slit my ******* wrists, really unbelieavable how bad we have been playing this season compared to last. I would love to be a fly on the wall on our dressing room and see what he is being said because it's baffling.

Well, Europe takes a toll, extra games, extra injuries, more tiredness. Even if you change a lot of players, some still play and don't forget, last year you might have a week for the manager to research, watch game tape and talk to every player individually and train every day that week to play against an expected formation of the next league team. But throw in a europe game, now the manager is watching tape of another team, even if some players don't play, you are still preparing for a different game, time spent preparing for the next league game, tactics, training, is all heavily cut down.

Liverpool players point out that at Liverpool(or maybe just under Benitez) they had a guy spend time with Torres telling him which way defenders tend to show players, which way a keeper tends to dive, which side they make their most saves on, little stuff like that can make all the difference.

Then you've got the more obvious stuff, Mr Red Card/injured has only started one game alongside Cabaye this year IIRC, defence has had injuries, Cisse doesn't have nearly the same form.

Then you've got the opposition, last year they might be seen as easy points, play a certain way against them, and because a lot of the team is new, lots of players don't know how to play against them, a year later, a year for tacticians to watch Newcastle footage and give their players idea's how to play against certain players and life gets harder.

Expectation of fans/press/public changed as well from staying up to pushing for a run in Europe or doing better than last year.

Didn't newcastle have some silly run last year with an almost unchanged side for the first couple months, also makes a huge difference.

Not really, bet against us in a big game at your peril, I mean haven't we won 6 of the last 8 against them?

6 out of the last 8?

That's surprising.

Still Chelsea are in half decent form and at home. Liverpool arn't exactly setting the world alight at the moment.

Still, lets see.

6 out of the last 8?

That's surprising.

Still Chelsea are in half decent form and at home. Liverpool arn't exactly setting the world alight at the moment.

Still, lets see.

Form doesn't matter when we play big games usually.

That said first time in a while I'm worried about getting thrashed by this lot

I see someone taught Chelsea fans how to keep silent when asked

Oh come off it.

Defending the corner there was pants anyway so you can't blame Webb. Blame the players for once rather than the ref/anyone else.

He gave them the ball while we were breaking putting us under pressure

Our defending sucked, but shouldn't habeas been there

He gave them the ball while we were breaking putting us under pressure

Our defending sucked, but shouldn't habeas been there

It happens, it doesn't mean that you should then blame the ref for getting in the way rather than the poor defending.

If this finishes 1-0 then I can't wait for the whole 'Webbs fault we lost it' etc.

Back
Top Bottom