Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10 - 11th November 2012]

Have to say, stupid AVB, again, possession and keeping it would always be crucial, Defoe can be called short and a finisher but thats BS. He's held up the ball brilliantly this season, like against Ferdy in the UTD game, linked up well, bringing in a player who has barely played, while dropping the most in form player in the team who crucially, everyone else was playing well with, was simply retarded. Nothing more or less, AVB seemingly chose to not use Adebayor much this season, then chose a out of form, not sharp looking player over their most in form player, madness.

Neville was busy saying Adebayor was doing great because he managed to get the ball back off someone, he however only lost it because of his usual horrendous touch and getting it caught in his feet, then did nothing with the ball after moving clear, and the goal happened pretty much straight after didn't it?

I woke up at 2pm today after a night shift and lets just say I was very surprised to see Defoe on the bench when I turned it on. Do goals not matter anymore?

Not a fantastic performance but we just needed the points today. Silva did well for his first game back and we look like we are inching back to our best.

Maicon made a real impact I thought and for his first game back also but Edin saves the game again :cool:

Have to say when we swapped to 532 with Maicon and Kolarov we looked miles better than our previous attempts and that was really encouraging.

Also today I have to admit that Barry was awful, I can see him being phased out as Garcia gets back to full fitness and Rodwell comes back also.

Haha 1-0 :p

Was saying to all the lads we would be lucky to get a result today the form we are in and West Ham are a decent side.

Fair play to Nolan for toning down the celebration :) at first I thought it was offside because he didn't react :p

We look so clueless today, as I (and most Newcastle fans) have been saying for weeks, go back to 433, we have no presence in the middle and its costing us.

Jamie Redknapp talking about Santi Cazorla

Spain are the best team in the world at the moment so instantly, regardless of performances any Spanish player gets raved over. Santi actually looked really good for a few games, but no where near the all encompassing performances they made out, the fact that he can barely hit the target but shot a hell of a lot wasn't very encouraging.

His last 5 games have been pretty much poo, but every word spoken about him is as if he's proven he's brilliant by being great game in game out for years already and this is just some "bad form". Stuff like " rare to see a bad pass from Santi" if he gives it away.

I hope he's great, there is certainly potential there, but he's proven not much yet and been really very poor recently. Silva as well, the amount of awful performances he puts in is why he's not in the Spanish team as a starter, nor was picked up by an established top club, when he's good, he can be great, but he's not much of a big game player and isn't very consistent in general. The difference between a Fabregas/Xavi and a Silva is, the former do it almost every game, Silva doesn't.

Also West Ham 1-0 up, first glance I thought it was completely flukey and went in off Nolan, but he reacted very well and flicked it towards the goal. Initially a very hard shot hit way off target.

Oh I think Santi is a good player, but the commentators fawning over a simple 5 yard pass made by him is ridiculous! ...everything he does is 'majestic' and so on.

was barry ever any good at any point ? lol
He was very good last season and it was only non city fans who didn't see it imo. I think it was DM who said when we aren't playing well you can see how bad he is which now I can see.

But at the end of the day Mancini has had plenty of time to replace him and he hasn't so surely that speaks volumes?
With the signings of Rodwell and Garcia I think as I said he will get less time but unfortunately both have been injured so Barry has had to come in and this season he has been ok but some games he is just falls apart.

Back
Top Bottom