Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10 - 11th November 2012]

Soldato
Damn, didn't want that to happen. :(

Oh well, can't sniff at the TV money and potentially get through to the third round!

I will give ANYTHING for AFC Wimbledon to beat the franchise in the 2nd round!

Being from MK I hated the idea of buying a team like that and have only been as an away fan :D (there aren't any home fans anyway).

Should be a brilliant tv game with at least Alan Smith getting sent off...

Soldato
I will give ANYTHING for AFC Wimbledon to beat the franchise in the 2nd round!

Being from MK I hated the idea of buying a team like that and have only been as an away fan :D (there aren't any home fans anyway).

Should be a brilliant tv game with at least Alan Smith getting sent off...

I went as a Sheff Utd fan on Saturday (what a waste of time and money that game was! We were awful.) and the support/atmosphere is actually embarrassing. I feel kinda bad for the players and staff, but I'd love to see them go bust.

Soldato
Quality post. I keep saying it , but I can't believe people still don't have him on ignore.

My fingers hurt scrolling past that wall of text if I don't:p

I have him on ignore, but for some reason I still read half his posts. Then I get really annoyed, and wonder wth I was thinking when I started to read the post! :mad:

Soldato
I went as a Sheff Utd fan on Saturday (what a waste of time and money that game was! We were awful.) and the support/atmosphere is actually embarrassing. I feel kinda bad for the players and staff, but I'd love to see them go bust.

Sadly their utterly mental chairman would never let that happen, 28k stadium with about 4k home fans is just embarrassing (bit of a guess there).

Back home most the people about the place had no one was interested in them, they were the team we bought and thats not how football worked...

Only good bits were the food and the view, no one turned up so it was easy to get alright stadium football food and its a well designed stadium for watching the game. Just should have forced the team to play through the divisions with my other local teams of Newport Pagnell Town and Olney Town first. 10th tier football would have made them at least a real team.

Associate
Sadly their utterly mental chairman would never let that happen, 28k stadium with about 4k home fans is just embarrassing (bit of a guess there).

Back home most the people about the place had no one was interested in them, they were the team we bought and thats not how football worked...

Only good bits were the food and the view, no one turned up so it was easy to get alright stadium football food and its a well designed stadium for watching the game. Just should have forced the team to play through the divisions with my other local teams of Newport Pagnell Town and Olney Town first. 10th tier football would have made them at least a real team.

There were 4,000-odd there last night. Often hear rumours of lots of freebies passed around to try and boost their attendances but never know how true it all is. It's a good thing they're increasing their capacity because I imagine they're struggling for space at the moment.

Soldato

Not sure who I'd like to win in that one - dislike MK Dons as, next to Colchester Utd, it's the most vacuous football stadium I've ever been to. Completely devoid of atmosphere, passion or interest - completely the opposite of what football should be about.

Then again, AFC Wimbledon pranced around the lower leagues for a few seasons as if they owned the place. The arrogance they held, prior to getting a wake-up call last season, was gobsmacking and they were widely disliked and derided by fans of opposing non-league clubs over the past few years.

That said, they currently have a few ex-bees and a currently loanee from us, so I'm happy for them to be a place of work experience for our youngsters :cool: To be honest, I'd much rather them beat MK Dons simply because it could put a load of money in their accounts if they get someone good in the 3rd round - always a good thing for lower league clubs :)

Soldato
Not sure who I'd like to win in that one - dislike MK Dons as, next to Colchester Utd, it's the most vacuous football stadium I've ever been to. Completely devoid of atmosphere, passion or interest - completely the opposite of what football should be about.

Then again, AFC Wimbledon pranced around the lower leagues for a few seasons as if they owned the place. The arrogance they held, prior to getting a wake-up call last season, was gobsmacking and they were widely disliked and derided by fans of opposing non-league clubs over the past few years.

That said, they currently have a few ex-bees and a currently loanee from us, so I'm happy for them to be a place of work experience for our youngsters :cool: To be honest, I'd much rather them beat MK Dons simply because it could put a load of money in their accounts if they get someone good in the 3rd round - always a good thing for lower league clubs :)

Oh god, I had managed to forget about Colchesters place :( probably one of the dullest places I have ever been for football.

Ah well no teams perfect, just really really dislike MK dons more than anything else. Plus it is always better to see lower league clubs get a cash boost out of the fa cup, no matter how arrogant they could be rocking it about in the lower leagues.

There were 4,000-odd there last night. Often hear rumours of lots of freebies passed around to try and boost their attendances but never know how true it all is. It's a good thing they're increasing their capacity because I imagine they're struggling for space at the moment.

:D 40k is the possible expansion. A mate of mine and his dad got free tickets in one of the boxes last Saturday against Sheffield United. All they had to do was listen to a lecture from the chairman to avoid paying the £20 odd it normally is to see some saturday football... Just a silly club with no idea whats going on.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Colchester United were the first team I ever watched at the ground and that was before the new stadium. It was dire. Wet, cold, no atmosphere and crap football. Never again.

Back
Top Bottom