Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10 - 11th November 2012]

Caporegime
I keep saying it Walcott, right wing, you need someone who can consistently take it from the half way line up the wing, he's offered nothing, except one assist from a corner that pretty much anyone could have taken, and one embarrassing freekick.

Arsenal, have been rubbish all half, we got two goals from pretty monumental defensive lapses from them, ridiculous space in their box for the corner and the other one, lol. CB stood completely still rather than move towards the ball to clear it let Podolski nip in. Good on Podolski to not give up on it but it was infact a poor ball across that any of 3 defenders should have cleared, even the GK could have come and got it.

Ours, predictable, I said we should go for Berbatov, he's been the best player on the pitch by miles. Considering they wanted RVP and Berbatov wanted out and they wanted Berbatov out, not going for him is a joke, half the worlds clubs not being in for Berbatov was a joke, not as big a joke as how much Utd wasted him. Welbeck kept, Berbatov benched then finally sold, lol.

Over all the most worrying thing is, yeah, Fulham made two massive defensive errors, they might not make more, and I can't see us getting goals without them, we look poor in general. Fulham's creative play has been better and our defensive errors weren't as big, that was just our bog standard defence, close to the ball but no strength, no winning headers, no challenges. We just have a crap defence and no reason I can see to suggest we won't continue being poor defensively in the second half.

Had to lol at the pundit, man marking and a goal so ranted against man marking, had it been zonal he'd have ranted against that instead. Why we aren't giving Jenks a chance at left back I don't know, he was one of our best players till he was benched for Sagna. Best crossing, best defensively, good work rate. As per usual though, a Wenger favourite comes back and no matter how good the other player is, they're dead to Wenger.

Realistically with what we have, 4-4-2 is the way forward again, Walcott simply can't play on the wing and Giroud isn't working as a lone striker at all, and Podolski isn't really playing great on the left wing either, but I suspect with two upfront, more space and more interplay he would be more effective even from the left.

Soldato
berbatov would've improved any team, well, apart from united.

**** me. we lost to wigan at home last week and now albion are 2 up against them at their place!

Caporegime
No way Utd would have been silly enough to sell a quality striker to the opposition, unlike daft Arsenal

That assumes they believed he was quality, which they clearly didn't or he'd have been playing. I actually don't think they would have had a problem selling him to us, Wenger would never have gone for him though, largely because he's a moron.

Fulham got a freaking gem for a steal of a price and a stupidly low wage by all accounts.

Back
Top Bottom