Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10 - 11th November 2012]

Caporegime
Why Arteta was taking it I don't know, at the time i thought, let the worst Arsenal player on the pitch today take the penalty, are you ******* mental. Fair enough, never a pen.

Overall, Sidwell didn't deserve to go, the first wasn't even a yellow, Ramseys were both yellows, lucky to be on, if those fouls were spread out more he'd have gone and Arteta for the penalty, I'm unsure, he wasn't really the last man back, but because of the closeness of the goal and the deliberateness/cynical ness somehow it felt like more than a yellow card to me as Ruiz was basically one on one with the keeper assuming he was going to shoot. How he didn't get a yellow I really don't know. Crap ref, crap Arsenal, crap defence from both sides, Berbatov.... what I wouldn't give to have Arsenal have bought him in summer :(

Santi is looking ever more disappointing, how much of that is Arsenal playing badly, how much is people over reacting to "early season" form which so many players often get. Podolski is looking less and less like a left winger, defensively, Kos wasn't great at the set pieces but he did make some crucial tackles and well, not the horrendous mistakes he made against Reading which was good to see.

Overall we just didn't look good enough, and but for Fulham doing there weird, we're away, we went ahead, lets all forget how to play football thing that they do, we could easily have lost that game.

Only managed to beat West Ham, QPR, Southampton and Liverpool, two of those weren't convincing at all. We're looking more and more like a midtable team every game.

Caporegime
Should Sidwell have been sent off when Ramsey was booked though? (Didn't watch replay)

No, it was tame, and the first was never a yellow to start with, commentator got a few things right in the game, Arsenal got away with several tackles that were pretty much clear yellows then Sidwell got one for almost nothing on Santi, had he been sent off, it would have been ridiculous. Ramsey however did two cynical tackles, both shirt pulls with a bit of leg contact in the mix, both times stopping breaks.

Sidwell wouldn't have been unlucky to get sent off, it would be flat out wrong, Ramsey was pretty lucky to not get sent off.

EDIT:- it wasn't a bad tempered game and Ramsey didn't do nasty tackles, but both would be deemed your classic yellow because it was cynical/stopping a break situation. Ramsey wasn't actually lucky to not get sent off, people are rarely sent off for just two yellow card worthy tackles, however he could have been sent off rather easily, Sidwell didn't even deserve one yellow card.

Last edited:
Associate
3-0 away win vs york before we play them in fa cup replay on monday. Suggests we'll easily turn them over at home - never works like that though does it?!

Back
Top Bottom