Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10 - 11th November 2012]

Soldato
Deserved to go behind for playing Carrick and Scholes. Annoys the hell why we play either of them. Give Anderson game time and get Powell in more. Joe Allen does exactly the same job, but doesn't lose possession every other pass yet gets criticised.

Caporegime
Villa have been not at all bad, though I always said they've improve this year, after 2 really awful seasons a new manager needs time to build the team back into something useful and Villa certainly look miles better now than both last season and the first few games this season.

Scholes got insanely lucky with a terrible ref giving him fouls for nothing. The only thing that seems funny is posession Villa with 30% or so yet they seem vastly more effective with it, they've gotten in behind your defence/fullbacks with relative ease but that final ball or cross has been crap, mostly crosses well beyond the box or a pass that goes to a CB. Great counter attack though and good goal, Utd may have more ball but I think Villa deserved it on the quality of their attacks in that half.

Soldato
I'm furious right now.

As soon as I saw the team sheet I knew we'd be in trouble.

The week I read Pogba getting motm at Juve last weekend and saw Fergie picking 37 year old Scholes I knew we'd be in trouble.

He slows the game down, never beats a man, gives the ball away and was never going to compete with 22 year olds. Teamed with Carrick there's no pace.

I told me old man an hour ago we'd lose today.

For god sake bring on Anderson now so we've got a chance.

Soldato
It was a rubbish goal, De Gea should have saved it, Smalling shouldn't have messed up against Benteke in the corner. Comedy from United really :)

Caporegime
I hope Fergie is giving Carrick and Scholes an absolute ********** now. Rooney ran the entire length of the field to help out with that counter and they just couldn't be ******. Scholes should just retire and Carrick should either be 4th/5th choice or be sold.

Soldato
Ferguson doin his best to keep Chelsea and city in the title race.

It's the only possible explanation for his completely deranged decision to pick a Scholes Carrick midfield.

As for Valencia, he really is just a waste of space.

Caporegime
It was a rubbish goal, De Gea should have saved it, Smalling shouldn't have messed up against Benteke in the corner. Comedy from United really :)

Its easy to say a keeper should have saved it, but you'd be blasting the keeper if he had both arms above his head waiting for that shot, and the shot went just to his side and his arms weren't there. That was shot with insane speed from far too close, it doesn't matter how fast you can raise your arms, it took longer than the ball did to be past him. As easy and close as it looked, 99% of keepers wouldn't have saved that, and if they had, it would be pure luck.

Soldato
WTF! Southampton are winning a game of football? :eek:

Oi we are down 13 points this season from winning positions!!!

Should have thrashed swansea today as well, they had literally nothing and we gifted them a **** goal.

2 points dropped and added so much pressure for qpr next week but cork looked amazing and we played well for all 90 mins. That alone after a week gives me hope we will stay up

Back
Top Bottom