Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10 - 11th November 2012]

Soldato
I'd have let Giroud take it for his hat-trick, he was by FAR the most confident player on our side today, while Areta was a bundle of nerves. It didn't make much sense letting him take it and it was a pretty crap penalty in the end, a bit like the decision to give it.

I think part of the problem is that teams are just stifling our midfield as they know we have very little to offer out wide, so we're getting neutered pretty effectively.

At least Giroud is looking handy (scored more than Rooney herpa derp derp).

Caporegime
No, it was tame, and the first was never a yellow to start with, commentator got a few things right in the game, Arsenal got away with several tackles that were pretty much clear yellows then Sidwell got one for almost nothing on Santi, had he been sent off, it would have been ridiculous. Ramsey however did two cynical tackles, both shirt pulls with a bit of leg contact in the mix, both times stopping breaks.

Sidwell wouldn't have been unlucky to get sent off, it would be flat out wrong, Ramsey was pretty lucky to not get sent off.

EDIT:- it wasn't a bad tempered game and Ramsey didn't do nasty tackles, but both would be deemed your classic yellow because it was cynical/stopping a break situation. Ramsey wasn't actually lucky to not get sent off, people are rarely sent off for just two yellow card worthy tackles, however he could have been sent off rather easily, Sidwell didn't even deserve one yellow card.

Fair enough. (Although you hate your own club at times so still not sure :p)

Caporegime
We're going to get slaughtered by Spurs, I can feel it.

In general I hoped we'd face Fulham in complete "utterly **** away from home" mode, to hopefully get the team ticking over, maybe be without mistakes for one game and take a little confidence into the Spurs game.

Ultimately yet another game full of awful defensive errors and generally poor all around isn't how you want to go to face Spurs. Though Spurs have their own issues, I still don't rate AVB, but he's getting certain things right so far like playing Defoe rather than going with a lazy Ade and benching their best goal scorer. A hattrick won't hurt Defoe's confidence either, if City play "meh" and Spurs beat them, they'll be full of confidence, form and more than enough quality upfront to tear us a new one.

I don't love Bale, I think he's one dimensional and selfish, but Bale, against Sagna or verm and shooting against our 3rd choice keeper with 2 numpties at CB who constantly make mistakes...... its got disaster written all over it.

Back
Top Bottom