Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10th - 14th March 2018]

Don
Well you have had a history of scum bags recently. Can't think I have mentioned anything other than Gerrard when he got off on the assault charge, Suarez being a constant **** and now this dirt bag. But then so did everyone else comment on those things. I'd have made comment on them had they been one of ours and it being headline news too. What other decisions do I have a long history of commenting on? Selling Courtinho, well yeah so was everyone else.

I find it a bit rich when you use any opportunity to throw a sly dig at Everton, where as I've never even been in the Liverpool thread. I just don't call you out on it because I find it odd rather than annoying. :)
As I said, it's pretty much anything and everything with you when it comes to Liverpool. We sign a player - great, he's rubbish and they've wasted their money. Liverpool refuse to sell a player - great, he's now going down tools and sulk. And then of course we have incidents like this where your post was designed, imo, to mislead and make out Carragher's intention was to spit in a child's face or the Gerrard incident which you've raised - all the evidence available to us at the time pointed towards Gerrard acting in self defence (CCTV showing the DJ lunging towards Gerrard before Gerrard struck him) and of course him being cleared in a court of law and yet you still claim that he assaulted the DJ.

And there's nothing sly about any digs I make at Everton - I do like a laugh at Everton from time to time but I make no secret of it.

edit: Anyway, I can't be bothered any more. I hope if he does get the sack they replace him with an an ex Everton player so we can have some "Sky is blue" tweets from Phil Neville again :p

Last edited:
Soldato
You don’t get my statement at all? I know he should not have been driving while filming. If someone goads you on the roads with their window down you’d respond? Power it back up and move on. Both are in the wrong.

Also funny how nobody is complaining about the filming while driving discussing this on Sky News.
In todays society with everything being recorded and it was in front of him? What did he expect was going to happen?

Above does not mean what you just said, sky news not mentioning it doesn't make it okay just makes them as ******* stupid

Don
No, it'll forever be in association with the Mersey Billionaires ;)

edit: and have you been a long time lurker of the Football Stadium Paul? I don't remember you around when it was being sponsored by Martinez.
Putting aside Carragher spitting for a moment it will be interesting if the police do anything to the dad driving whilst filming (surely a ban?) And Carragher not wearing a seat belt (not sure what the punishment is for that)

Was pretty indisputable evidence of two traffic violations there :p
You'd imagine that the guy knew full well that by selling the video he's risking getting done for using his phone while driving which makes you think he must have made a fair amount of money out of it.

V F

V F

Soldato
In todays society with everything being recorded and it was in front of him? What did he expect was going to happen?

Above does not mean what you just said, sky news not mentioning it doesn't make it okay just makes them as ******* stupid

Made sense to me. Carragher saw him filming it, what did he expect the outcome to be? That the driver wouldn’t sell it to the press/news channels for quick money? Then wonder how his career is in tatters?

Soldato
Made sense to me. Carragher saw him filming it, what did he expect the outcome to be? That the driver wouldn’t sell it to the press/news channels for quick money? Then wonder how his career is in tatters?
What's that got to do with what I said? All I stated was the driver should be punished for filming, I don't care that he sold it to press carragher should be punished, but filming whilst driving is more dangerous than spitting at some one

Soldato
No, it'll forever be in association with the Mersey Billionaires ;)

edit: and have you been a long time lurker of the Football Stadium Paul? I don't remember you around when it was being sponsored by Martinez.

You'd imagine that the guy knew full well that by selling the video he's risking getting done for using his phone while driving which makes you think he must have made a fair amount of money out of it.

Fair point, the daft sod :p

Caporegime
As I said, it's pretty much anything and everything with you when it comes to Liverpool. We sign a player - great, he's rubbish and they've wasted their money.

Remind me again of about the only person on here who said Sturridge was a good signing for Liverpool. Although after that first season I could be wrong? I'm struggling to think of that many signings you made that I cared about, I said Torres would be too lightweight for the EPL and although he was sublime for a few seasons I think it did take it's toll, but yes I was wrong and he was worth it. Shame a few more cannot admit to being wrong. I laughed when Carroll was signed but then again who didn't? I thought Balotelli was a mess of a signing. I've laughed that you cant find anyone outside of Southampton but then Liverpool fans say that too. None of this is out of the ordinary, I probably spoke about more United signings than that. After all for about 10 years we had no signings of our own to talk about.

But I am curious, other than torres who I was wrong about, who else did I say was rubbish that didn't turn out to be just that. I can think of Milner the other way, I thought he'd be decent and well that didn't turn out so good.

Soldato
Wasn’t much “goading” to begin with, he said “2-1 eh Carragher” which is literally nothing. I’ve said much more to my Liverpool supporting friends.

He is a good commentator but has to be sacked, absolutely disgusting behaviour. Hope the police charge him too.

Don

As I said danny, I really can't be bothered going over this any more. Beyond my initial sarcastic reply I wasn't interested in getting into a debate over this but reacted when you tried to claim I was defending him despite the fact the post you quoted and all my other posts stated that what he done was disgusting. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe that you regularly try to twist anything Liverpool related into a negative (from transfers to more serious matters) or in this case I believe you intentionally didn't add any context to your post to exaggerate.

V F

V F

Soldato
Wasn’t much “goading” to begin with, he said “2-1 eh Carragher” which is literally nothing. I’ve said much more to my Liverpool supporting friends.

He is a good commentator but has to be sacked, absolutely disgusting behaviour. Hope the police charge him too.

Still goes to show how silly football fans can become over something so small. A loss. I’m glad I lost interest in football from the late 90s. Sure football games are fun but the sport? meh... Can’t stand tribalism.

It doesn’t take much to set most of them off.

Soldato
Ipersonally think its much about nothing - ok so JC should do some charity work for either a children's / "abuse" charity instead of working on Sky for a month or two but its not worth firing him over (at the end of the day its not really punishing him by firing him anyway - he doesn't NEED the money, even though I'm sure it will keep the mansion that much warmer)

He was an idiot for getting filmed, and for spitting - but for god sake, the girl probably saw more footballers spitting on the pitch in the prior two hours or so , so the "act" itself is irrelevant .

The world has gone crazy wanting people fired over what is actually a storm in a tea cup (isn't the first case like this and wont be the last but going over the top doesn't help anyone)

Caporegime
One thing I would like to see is the whole video, not just the carefully edited last couple of minutes. No doubt there was a lot of abuse being thrown prior to the incident.

Back
Top Bottom