Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10th - 14th March 2018]

Don
No he did spit in the face of a child. Or is he so practiced at spitting he thought it would miss her and hit his intended target.

You noticed that the father is using a phone while driving but not that JC is driving with no seat belt. Hopefully both drivers get taken to task but I doubt it.
You're seriously suggesting that Carragher intended to spit at the daughter sat there doing nothing and not the person that was goading him? The whole "you think he thought he could spit past her argument" is a nonsense too. It wasn't a carefully thought out process where he's took time to consider the consequences - he's been goaded by the father and stupidly and disgustingly reacted in the heat of the moment by trying to spit at him.

And the irony of you pointing out omnom's omission that Carra wasn't wearing his seat belt after you made no reference to the father using his phone while driving on the motorway in your first post. In your defence you may have just forgot in your frantic excitement to announce that Carragher had spat in a child's face. If Carragher does get sacked will you be buying the DVD Everton will be releasing on it? :p

Soldato
Yeah, biggest fear currently is that Thierry Henry will assume Carragher's role :( Just as I was almost beginning to like him. Well at least not be as mildly repulsed by him at any rate. I imagine Sky's response could also depend on whether some random member of the public makes a complaint about this potentially being a public order offence or assault, as a cursory google suggests it could be if investigated by the police. I doubt anyone in the car will make a complaint as the dad would clearly be done for driving without due care, but I seem to remember other cases where seemingly unconnected people can make complaints just by watching it on TV? Unlikely to be a shortage of volunteers if this is the case.

Don
Sky's reaction will be dictated by how many Utd and Everton supporters complain and whether they want to sack him anyway. Sky have sacked people for far less than this in the past and have used the offence as an excuse, equally they've ignored far worse offences by their presenters that either haven't had as much publicity or they simply didn't want to sack them.

Associate
I've sent 472 emails of complaint via my VPN and many sock accounts and Twitter bots.

Carragher suffers from acute toxic masculinity. He should go on a diet of nothing but Soy Milk for a minimum of 2 years.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've sent 472 emails of complaint via my VPN and many sock accounts and Twitter bots.

Carragher suffers from acute toxicity masculinity. He should go on a diet of nothing but Soy Milk for a minimum of 2 years.

It's over for him tbh in today's climate, he doesn't have too much to worry about though as I've heard there's an exhibit at Chester zoo where he'll fit in just nicely.

Soldato
Disgusting from Carragher, but hardly out of character from some of the other things that he has done since he retired.

Good pundit, **** human being.

Soldato
"This was entirely out of Carragher, about 15 millilitres as a rough estimate" Looks like he'd been saving it up for a good few minutes. You have to say he has the perfect face and jaw shape for the exact pre-spit video frame snapshot for maximum negative publicity effect.

Associate
It's over for him tbh in today's climate, he doesn't have too much to worry about though as I've heard there's an exhibit at Chester zoo where he'll fit in just nicely.
You'd have thought by now that celebrities would do everything in their power to avoid contact with the great unwashed.

I'd do what James Blunt does and spend the rest of my days on a yacht with a gaggle of super models.

Man of Honour
I really like Carragher as a pundit at least (not something I ever thought I’d say when he joined Sky). What he did was stupid as well as disgusting and he should have ignored the guy. I don’t believe he spat at the girl at all.

However, I hope Sky don’t sack him. He makes the football coverage so much better.

Caporegime
I really like Carragher as a pundit at least (not something I ever thought I’d say when he joined Sky). What he did was stupid as well as disgusting and he should have ignored the guy. I don’t believe he spat at the girl at all.

However, I hope Sky don’t sack him. He makes the football coverage so much better.

I'm the same with Neville. Really like him as a pundit, and with Carra and their past rivalry on the field, it's fantastic.

Associate
Sky's reaction will be dictated by how many Utd and Everton supporters complain and whether they want to sack him anyway. Sky have sacked people for far less than this in the past and have used the offence as an excuse, equally they've ignored far worse offences by their presenters that either haven't had as much publicity or they simply didn't want to sack them.
It doesn't matter what they've done. It matters that there is a viral video of it circulating the internet and breakfast chat show hosts are condemning it.

We live in a society that practices trial by public opinion.

Soldato
Is there a list of what definitely gets you the sack at Sky? We've had sexism(Keys and Gray), jokes about natural disasters(Marsh), beating up your girlfriend(Beagrie). Suspect racism would be a instant dismissal event. Drink driving they seem okay with, as well as accidentally posting pictures of your flaccid penis on Twitter.

Caporegime
Carra wont get the boot for this. If they are happy to support their presenters being found guilty of drink driving with their child in their car theyd be hypocrites to do something here.

He needs dropping for sure but sacking is a bit much. He didnt spit in the face of a child either, lets not over dramatise it.

Im more concerned that someones driving on a motorway whilst filming "banter". Hope he enjoys the points.
Indeed it seems like drunk driver Kirsty Gallacher got off...probably a tiny slap on the wrist.

What Carra did was disgusting but I find the drunk driving of Kirsty Gallacher far more reprehensible and was very surprised that Sky didn’t boot her ass into touch.

Seems like sky are ok with drunk driving:/.

Mind you the stupid bint got a 2 yr driving ban.

Don
Is there a list of what definitely gets you the sack at Sky? We've had sexism(Keys and Gray), jokes about natural disasters(Marsh), beating up your girlfriend(Beagrie). Suspect racism would be a instant dismissal event. Drink driving they seem okay with, as well as accidentally posting pictures of your flaccid penis on Twitter.

Keys wasn't sacked, he quit after Gray was sacked. A cynic might say that those Keys and Gray videos were leaked just to find an excuse to sack Gray, who coincidentaly was in the middle of suing News International for phone hacking.

Don
Maybe. I read it as a rant about Everton and Man Utd fans though ;);)
It's not really a rant. I was simply saying that the more fuss that gets made then the more likely Sky are to act and the way football supporters are, at least the twitter generation, you're going to have sections of Utd and Everton fans wetting themselves with excitement over this. And before somebody says it, yes if the roles were reversed you'd have Liverpool fans doing the same.

Associate
It's not really a rant. I was simply saying that the more fuss that gets made then the more likely Sky are to act and the way football supporters are, at least the twitter generation, you're going to have sections of Utd and Everton fans wetting themselves with excitement over this. And before somebody says it, yes if the roles were reversed you'd have Liverpool fans doing the same.
Schadenfreude is a natural human reaction. It's normal for those to revel in the suffering of their rivals, particularly when it is someone like Carragher who does not have an exemplary history.

I'll temper my opinion with the fact that I, and a lot of other Everton fans, absolutely lambasted Jose Baxter when he got involved with drug dealers and was given a second chance by Soft Bill. I don't want anyone like that associated to the club. Obviously Baxter is a fraction of the footballer that Carragher was though.

I'm rambling now but I've always been of the persuasion that you shouldn't have idols, they will always disappoint you.

Back
Top Bottom