1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [11th - 16th August 2017]

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by Cosimo, Aug 11, 2017.

1. JohnnyG

Commissario

Conte had no choice who to select today, a power move would've been leaving someone out who deserved to play.
    Starting Morata would've been the only change to the line up possible.

2. No1newts

Capodecina

What a random start to the season :p

3. vanpeebles

Mobster

It all kicked off at the end of the boro game. Sheffield fans bust out and ran for the boro section. :eek:

4. nemtizz

Capodecina

Starting both Batshuayi and Boga ahead of him is telling, at least IMO. The latter didn't even look out of place in one of the worst teams I've ever seen. Not saying he's **** forever, but you clearly need another top striker especially with the amount of games you'll have this season compared to last.

5. JohnnyG

Commissario

Yeah I know, that's why I said the state of the squad is worrying.
    Choosing to start Bat**** or Boga ahead of Morata is hardly the entire selection though.

6. nemtizz

Capodecina

It is when they're that bad. Even we will have a stronger bench than that tomorrow.

7. JohnnyG

Commissario

Boga wasn't started ahead of Morata anyway to be fair, he started as Hazard and Pedro were out, Boga's not a striker.
    So the only choice he had was Bat**** or Morata, I doubt (hope) Morata starts v Spurs next week.
    Your bench probably will be stronger than ours, that's because or squad is crap at the moment.

8. Eurofighter

Hitman

Haha. Well done Burnley

9. Kenai

Capodecina

It would be interesting to see how that breaks down over the season though. After losing van Dijk, we conceded 22 of our 48 total, in 16 games. So overall the total conceded didn't change wildly but I'd be interested to see if the nature of those changed.

10. gilchrd

Wise Guy

I think the majority of our set piece problems probably comes from Forster never coming off his line.

11. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Only just watched this clip but Redknapp makes Moreno look like Einstein.

12. Robbo

Don

Hoping we get off to a great start today and batter West Ham, but I'm not really that confident...

It's clear our team is designed to be powerful, compact and then overpower opponents one way or another, but I'm not sure how it'll work when put into practice.

13. cm1179

Mobster

kyle walker at right back

14. Snax

Mobster

The spurs line up is bizarre!!

Wanyama and Son on the bench. U-21 right back and Sissoko playing.

Could have played Dier at RB and wanyama in Centre midfield!

15. nemtizz

Capodecina

Ultimately it doesn't matter all that much as I avoid watching the build up to our games purely for the sake of my remaining brain cells but Alan ******* Pardew is now considered an acceptable mouth piece for our club. Him and Souness, the bitter freaks. Couple that with the interview with Ashley where he wasn't challenged at all on his failures but was freely allowed to spread his lies and propaganda.

Coverage on us has been abysmal for years and its somehow getting worse. **** Sky and everything they stand for.

16. cm1179

Mobster

son is recouperating from a broken leg

17. BaZ87

Don

They've got an interview with Ashley on now. I've never seen an interview where I've disbelieved the sincerity of somebody as much.

18. nemtizz

Capodecina

The sad and depressing thing is a decent amount of our fanbase have lapped it up and are sympathising with him. 'We can't compete with Man City' - Yeah, no ****. The market is crazy right now and prices are ridiculous but even Brighton and Huddersfield are outspending us and already have the players they need/want.

19. No1newts

Capodecina

All I can be such a petulant **** for someone who grew up playing league one and getting kicked a lot. In some big England/Spurs Euro game sometime that will be exploited.

Not a bad start, we're sitting back but that's as expected.

20. No1newts

Capodecina

Ive made this point to a few people. We aren't expecting to compete with Man City or anyone of their ilk but he refuses to even spend 10mill most of the time which is, these days, next to nothing.

I wish he would just be honest and say "I hate the Geordie ***** and until someone takes this club off my hands at a stupidly overpriced mark, I will endeavour to **** them and anyone else related to the club off as much as I can"

If anyone believes that interview from him they are beyond simple.