Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 17th October 2017]

Caporegime
Sakho still trying stupid back heels in his 6 yard box :o

Best player in the League on current form and best passer in the League - he always plays the right pass and it's always inch perfect.

Can't disagree, the assists for the goals yesterday were perfect and if he means the reverse pass for Sane (can't remember the other City player that was in the vicinity) that is just unbelievable.

Caporegime
BBC summing up Rooney perfectly:

Everton are again forgetting the lessons of the last five or six years and have started with Wayne Rooney as the central striker. This is a problem when he pops up at left-back to get a touch of the ball.

It doesn't matter where you play him he just gets sucked towards the ball to play pointless passes that achieve nothing, he needs to watch some videos of De Bruyne ripping defences apart with brilliant passes.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Surprisingly playing the same formation and players in the wrong positions hasn't worked once again.

Thankfully I won't be able to watch the 2nd half.

Soldato
Bit sick to lose two points to a stupid action by one of our players, but probably lucky not to have seen two red cards against us. Desperately need that striker in January.

Soldato
Is it just me (which it may be as I have a vested interest :p) but didn't Long kick the ball away then he was hit?

Not sure how it's a penalty he didn't have control of the ball or anything.

Soldato
Is it just me (which it may be as I have a vested interest :p) but didn't Long kick the ball away then he was hit?

Was probably a bit of a soft one but that was far from the worst of the decision making from the referee today, Newcastle could have finished that game with 9 men on another day :p

Soldato
9 men is a little too far but I was baffled why Yedders wasn’t sent off.

Gutted we didn’t hang on but considering our recent form away at St Mary’s I’ll take that all day. Rafa has us looking a solid outfit with little to no investment, and as lame and defeatist as it sounds, I’m just happy we’re not getting embarrassed every weekend. Young team, too, so promising signs.

Soldato

Whether he had control of the ball is irrelevant...if he is fouled its penalty. If anything if the ball isnt in Longs control and hes clattered into then its a debatable red card.

Soldato
So the FA Simulation panel decides Richarlison doesn't have a case to answer so won't face charges, remind me what's the point of this panel again?

Back
Top Bottom