Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 20th August 2014]-LvGOUT!

Caporegime
Watching the Costa pen/dive again, it looks more and more like a dive. He clearly drags his right foot along the ground to make contact with the keeper.

Exactly what I thought, he taps the ball past (as they do) and makes no attempt to do anything but drag his right foot along the ground in anticipation of contact.

I don't understand why Sky were so convinced that it was a penalty.

Caporegime
I was impressed by the way Burnley played as well. If they continue performing at this level then a lot of people's "sure thing for relegation" predictions are going to get shown up.

People are always happy when a team turns up and plays as open and attacking against a team much better than them. Yet if they continue to do it they will go down and conceding a lot of goals. The confidence will also get eaten away to the point they expect to leak goals.

I guess they can get away with it ata home to chelsea because even shutting up shop they would have got beaten but if they play like that against every one else they will go down.

Soldato
Chelsea should have had a penalty for that Costa incident really. I'm sure they will get one later in the season when they don't deserve it and it will actually affect the outcome of a game though, so Chelsea fans should be thankful.

Caporegime
THERE WAS CONTACT AND COSTA WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE SURE THE REF SAW IT.
I'm sure you've used that as an excuse before.

but there was also simulation (foot dragging to initiate contact) so the contact afterwards is irrelevent.

It's like if a defender brings down a striker as the last man it's not a foul if the offside flag is up, the referee deemed Costa to have simulated in the lead up to the so called foul, so the foul doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Soldato
Strong Arsenal side tonight, hoping we'll brush these aside early so we can coast before Everton at the weekend.

Soldato
Great performance tonight. Been ages since I saw us dominate a team like that, especially in the first half. Texeira was awesome and Holla looks like a player. Step in the right direction! Looks like Sami is starting to get us plying how he wants. Tbh I find the sysyem a bit odd, but it looked great tonight.

Back
Top Bottom