Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 20th August 2014]-LvGOUT!

Ah well.

We lost but that was a really good performance and a draw wouldn't have been an unfair result. Really happy with that despite losing and more confident now moving into the next few games.

Good effort :)

Ah well.

We lost but that was a really good performance and a draw wouldn't have been an unfair result. Really happy with that despite losing and more confident now moving into the next few games.

Good effort :)

Basically what I would have said. Certainly lots of positives, Cabella looks like he could do really well. Several younger/new players looked very positive, promising. If they can play that way for a few games in a row you'd think some goals and a win or two would go with it and they can build on that.

Didn't start off with a new team and a spanking which was always possible, a loss but with lots of signs of improvement is really all you could hope for against City.

Pretty happy with that. Plenty of energy, plus some pace and creativity. Riviere looked a little isolated in the first half but we pushed on in the second and looked more dangerous for it. Cabella looks a tricky little player and he put in a decent shift too - he should do well for us. And Siem de Jong will provide more support up front when he gets back from injury.

A valiant attempt, but thwarted.

What kind of injury does de Jong have, just the one game or out for a while? Could certainly have done with someone with more finishing quality running on to the edge of the box in that game.

Tbf if you had any decent strikers should have least got a draw

Riverie looked good in pre season so hoping today was a blip, Fereya and Perez have looked good too. I wouldn't turn my nose up at a god striker but I'm not unduly worried (yet)

A decent striker and a new CB pairing and maybe we would have gotten something. Can't wait 'til Colo retires.

Colo does seem to weaker all the time, not sure what people see in him personally. I'm secretly hopeful we've got a CB lined up with us not assigning the no5 squad number yet. Probably a vain hope but it's all I've got :p

Colo does seem to weaker all the time, not sure what people see in him personally. I'm secretly hopeful we've got a CB lined up with us not assigning the no5 squad number yet. Probably a vain hope but it's all I've got :p
Decent ball playing CB, that's about it. He hasn't been good enough for the last few seasons but anything is better than having Saylor in the side. He needs to leave at the end of the season.

WTF? Man United need to buy 100 million and 200 million pound players according to Phil Neville. Why is this idiot on my TV?

Edit: Dier, a player that Spurs bought, is their next big player on the conveyor belt.

Gonna need a dictionary of Neville-isms before too long.

Last edited:
Dear lord than Hendo pass and Sterling finish were beautiful.

Didn't see that shove by Long before putting that easy header wide :D, ridiculous save by Mignolet

What do 60 million pound players have in common, pace, power, end product.

It's no coincidence thst the top 3 players im the world Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar can all run past players shoot and score goals.

Name one utd player who can do this?

Well in fairness Rooney could until Ferguson completely changed the way he played. The same Ferguson who said Phil Jones would be the best Utd player ever, got Smalling Bebe et al and who recommended Moyes as his successor. I can't help but feel he did really lose his way over the years and whilst he was a good man manager I thought he was generally tactically poor and weak in the transfer market. I would also say as a neutral that I strongly think if Ferguson had gone against the Glazer move then it would never have happened. Whilst he may have got Man Utd an unprecedented number of trophies he may also have killed the club in the process.

And I still don't buy this talk about money always being available. All I see is buying just enough and milking a fanbase which will most likely switch allegiances and then be lost forever as the markets are emerging and whole patterns for families will be set to support rivals.

Last edited:
Nobody in our team can do it. Nani is closest but too inconsistent with the final product.

It's no mistake that bayern have robben and frenchy. Real have ronaldo, upgraded maria to bale. Barca have messi and niw neymar and Suarez.

If you want to be the best you need these types of players.

Back
Top Bottom