Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [18th - 21st August 2017]

Caporegime
He catches him with the shin of the leg that is curled behind him, if that is deemed a foul these days then I really have no idea what football is turning into. It's one thing for two footed or scissor challenges to be punished but to me he has done everything to ensure he gets the ball there and minimise risk to the opposing player.

Soldato
Only thing you can say in the ref's defense, was Schneiderlin under control of the challenge as his trailing foot caught Aguero. If yes then he is out of control and yellow could be justified. Personally think Aguero worked that one like a dream.

Associate
Not as clear cut as what people have said then. He gets the ball but he goes through the back of Aguero too.

edit: watching it again, he catches Aguero's left foot before winning the ball. I only saw the trailing leg catch Aguero at first.

He went down holding his head and rolling around. Unless I missed something Walker didn't touch his head.
Commentators say there was a clash of heads

Caporegime
He barely touches him, it's never been a foul let alone a yellow card.

He didn't come through the back at all, he was alongside him, it's just never been a foul or you may as well just ban slide tackles.

Either way Everton were **** poor, against ten men for 45 minutes and to be unable to hold onto the ball for any length of time is seriously concerning for them. I thought they'd do well this season, perhaps not as well as I thought.

Don
He catches him with the shin of the leg that is curled behind him, if that is deemed a foul these days then I really have no idea what football is turning into. It's one thing for two footed or scissor challenges to be punished but to me he has done everything to ensure he gets the ball there and minimise risk to the opposing player.

Watch the clip again. Before he wins the ball and before he catches him with his trailing leg, he's gone studs first onto Aguero's left foot.
Commentators say there was a clash of heads

I didn't see a clash of heads. Can't say I was paying full attention though.

Associate
Walker wasn't sent off because of any perceived play acting.

He checked his position and moved across directly into Calvert Lewin.

Irrespective of whether DCL goes to ground it is a foul.

Associate

He didn't come through the back at all, he was alongside him, it's just never been a foul or you may as well just ban slide tackles.

Either way Everton were **** poor, against ten men for 45 minutes and to be unable to hold onto the ball for any length of time is seriously concerning for them. I thought they'd do well this season, perhaps not as well as I thought.
Have you seen their fixture list?

You expect them to go all guns blazing in this game?

Don
I don't need to watch the clip again, I saw it live and the replay live, it's never been a foul in a million years.
He slid into a challenge with his foot in the air, catches Aguero's foot, then wins the ball, then takes Aguero out with his trailing leg. It's at the very least a foul even if you don't think it's a yellow.

Caporegime
He slid into a challenge with his foot in the air, catches Aguero's foot, then wins the ball, then takes Aguero out with his trailing leg. It's at the very least a foul even if you don't think it's a yellow.

Not for me, that's not a foul, sure he may slightly touch Aguero but that's part and parcel of the game. People get touched, it doesn't make it a foul.

I just watched the clip again, i'm even more sure it's not a foul, it's actually a great challenge.

Have you seen their fixture list?

You expect them to go all guns blazing in this game?

What has the fixture list got to do with the capability of keeping hold of the ball against ten men? That's a shocking half performance from them whichever way you spin it.

Associate
What has the fixture list go to with the capability of keeping hold of the ball against ten men? That's a shocking half performance from them whichever way you spin it.

It was disappointing that Everton could not capitalise on the extra man advantage. The 2 subs did very little to impact the game. Everton will be fine this season. To suggest they will struggle after an away draw to a title challenger is laughable.

This is how Koeman will set up against the big teams away from home. To stifle them and steal a point or 3. Against everybody else Everton will put them to the sword.

Caporegime
It was disappointing that Everton could not capitalise on the extra man advantage. The 2 subs did very little to impact the game. Everton will be fine this season. To suggest they will struggle after an away draw to a title challenger is laughable.

This is how Koeman will set up against the big teams away from home. To stifle them and steal a point or 3. Against everybody else Everton will put them to the sword.

Who said they would struggle? I said they wouldn't do as well as I thought they might, with the money they've spent I thought they might be able to start pushing up and challenging the top 4, zero chance of that based on that performance.

You can talk about stealing points and this and that, the bottom line is they were 1 - 0 at half time and played the entire second half against ten men. If someone switched on half way through that second 45 they'd be excused for thinking it was Everton down to ten.

Back
Top Bottom