Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 23rd December 2018]

Man of Honour
Very early days, but what a brilliant performance compared to the previous garbage we've had to endure.

As soon as the team get the ball, everyone is streaming forward with lots of energy, Martial, Lingard and Rashford are ideal for that. Lingard was excellent I thought, never stopped running.

Caporegime
I know it's only Cardiff and we'd likely win anyway but it was definitely the manner rather than the result. Quick passing, movement, and no hopeless hoofs from the back when no options were on.

Caporegime
It's probably better to wait until United play a better team but based on that performance they look like a team playing with a whole lot more freedom, I have no doubt Mourinho likes to micromanage every aspect of a players performance he's like the managerial equivalent of the EU.

Caporegime
It's probably better to wait until United play a better team but based on that performance they look like a team playing with a whole lot more freedom, I have no doubt Mourinho likes to micromanage every aspect of a players performance he's like the managerial equivalent of the EU.

Funny as one of the core principles of the EU is free movement of workers :p

Soldato
Granted it was only Cardiff but a couple more performances like that should put to bed the idea the players simply weren't good enough to play good football..

Soldato
great performance - still a bit of a pity to see Matic and Fellaini, (saying that matic actually looked quite good)

harder games to come but really happy for Lingard - seems a bit funny him putting in another performance of really hard and good tactical runs (while doing good defensive work as well) and all those complaining about his 100k/wk contract earlier in the year. He may have struggled for goals recently but he still makes the space for others to score so he is a brilliant team player imo (and really 100k these days for the top teams is nothing, esp for a local lad)

Soldato
One of those weird couple of days in the EPL, Liverpool not bottling it yet, City getting beat at home to Palace,, but more importantly United playing nice attacking football which is highly refreshing.

Back
Top Bottom