Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 26th March 2014]

Soldato
I'm not 100% clear on the rules regarding handball.

Is a deliberate handball a guaranteed red no matter what? Or is it similar to a foul where you have to be denying a goalscoring opportunity for it to be a red.

You could argue that he wasnt denying a goalscoring opportunity as the shot was going wide, and a yellow and a penalty would have been enough!

Not that I'd say that, I'd say it was a straight red and the guy is a dick for doing it, but still.

Underboss
We have been poor today, Ox gave the ball away for the 1st goal, when he handballed it I though "ah well he is having a shocker anyway" - in steps Mariner and keeps him on.

Wonderfull. Well done you tit. Fair play to Chelsea smashed us every step.

Soldato
So diving and using your hand to stop the ball potentially going in (the ref can't tell very easily) isn't a red card? On what planet?!

The ball wasn't going in though was it? It was going wide. He jumped to header it and the ball hit his hand.

If it was going in then yes but it wasn't.

From what I saw it didn't look like it was deliberate. Need to see it again as I am only watching a stream. But it definitely wasn't stopping a goal as it was clearly going wide.

Last edited:
Associate
gun__1395057662_szczesny_selfie_large.jpg

No wonder Arsenal didn't show up. They won the 4th place trophy last week.

Man of Honour
The ball wasn't going in though was it? It was going wide. He jumped to header it and the ball hit his hand.

If it was going in then yes but it wasn't.

From what I saw it didn't look like it was deliberate. Need to see it again as I am only watching a stream. But it definitely wasn't stopping a goal as it was clearly going wide. .

He stuck his arm there to nudge the ball wide as he thought it was going in. It was extremely foolish.

The ref and assistant probably couldn't say for sure so assumed it might have been (going in) and judged him based on the blatant cheating, which for me adds up to a red card. No question.

Sending Gibbs off was just bizarre.

Soldato
Our first 11 Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge.

Subs: Jones, Sakho, Cissokho, Lucas, Moses, Sterling, Aspas.

Nice to see Countinho get back in our side, Though providing were winning if its by half time i really would bring Lucas/Sakho on for 2nd half to give the others a rest

Back
Top Bottom