Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 26th March 2014]

Soldato
The look on Ox's face, he knows he's in the **** when he gets in the changing room :D

He jumped and put his hand out. It wasn't even preventing a goal scoring opportunity as it was going wide. Penalty yes, red card, the ref is a joke. He can't get the decision right or the player.

Ox made a mistake, sure, but neither should have been sent off.

Caporegime
Probably a good decision for Arsenal, this game was a write off at least now the red will get rescinded.

Arsenal have been a shambles.

Caporegime
Apparently Wenger's biggest Premier League defeat was 5-1 at Bolton. Hopefully Chelsea can beat that :D

Errm, 8-2 Utd? I heard them say something about it during the game, was it biggest Chelsea win under Mourinho maybe instead? As Mourinho's teams aren't naturally the highest scoring. AS in I heard them say 5-1 bolton but I didn't hear what it was in reference to.

Caporegime
Wasn't the Oxs fault the Ref can't tell one black guy from another, I don't even blame the Dude for diving & saving as I take that as instinctive, wrong but instinctive.

I don't think he even saw the handball otherwise he wouldn't have hesitated and got the wrong player, I reckon the ref has only (re)acted based on the Chelsea players appealing which is even worse.

Caporegime
Apparently Wenger's biggest Premier League defeat was 5-1 at Bolton. Hopefully Chelsea can beat that :D

Would have thought the 8-2 loss to Utd was our biggest PL defeat along with the 6-3 loss to City earlier this year and 5-1 to Liverpool this year lol.

He jumped and put his hand out. It wasn't even preventing a goal scoring opportunity as it was going wide. Penalty yes, red card, the ref is a joke. He can't get the decision right or the player.

Ox made a mistake, sure, but neither should have been sent off.

Seems like the ref is as clueless as the one in the Stoke game a few weeks back when Kos handballed in the penalty area, not that he did it on purpose.

Well the league was always an outside shot. We still have the FA Cup...

We had lost the game in the first few minutes. The sending off was just a joke.

Its over for the league but its been an exciting year so far. No one would have expected us to be within a shot of the Premier league with only 10 or so games to go.

We don't have loads of super stars but I think its been an improvement. Especially seeing as we only effectively have one forward player.

Personally I think he's had a good season. We just needed another striker to add something different.

Meh the way we have been playing lately, i wouldnt be surprised if Wigan beat us in the semi final in a couple of weeks time :/.

Injuries to Wilshere, Ozil, Walcott and Ramsey to name a few havent helped us either. Ramsey who was by far our best player before xmas cant get fit to play and thats a huge loss for us. He was that outlet player that was scoring goals left right and centre for us.

Soldato
I don't think he even saw the handball otherwise he wouldn't have hesitated and got the wrong player, I reckon the ref has only (re)acted based on the Chelsea players appealing.

No real surprise there with a manager who cries that everyone is treated better than him. Its only realistic his players will throw out their rattles with every decision, whether its right or wrong

Caporegime
Errm, 8-2 Utd? I heard them say something about it during the game, was it biggest Chelsea win under Mourinho maybe instead? As Mourinho's teams aren't naturally the highest scoring. AS in I heard them say 5-1 bolton but I didn't hear what it was in reference to.

Yeah it was Mourinho's highest Premier League win iirc.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Watching that back it should have been a Yellow to Ox. How a game can change, 1 minute Arsenal on the break & nearly score the next we are 2 goals up & bossing the pitch.

Man of Honour
Watching that back it should have been a Yellow to Ox. How a game can change, 1 minute Arsenal on the break & nearly score the next we are 2 goals up & bossing the pitch.

A yellow? For a very deliberate handball in the box?

Soldato
Injuries to Wilshere, Ozil, Walcott and Ramsey to name a few havent helped us either. Ramsey who was by far our best player before xmas cant get fit to play and thats a huge loss for us. He was that outlet player that was scoring goals left right and centre for us.

Yes Ramsey has been missed. He helped Giroud out by making those forward runs. We just haven't been playing the same without him. With one up front we need those midfield players coming forward.

Giroud is there to hold it up and pass it back to the forward runners. Thats his job. He isn't a skillful player or a player who can take on players but he was doing his job well. He adds with his strength in the air and has a pretty good strike but thats it.

But in Girouds defence he has made about 51 appearances and scored 23 odd. Not bad for a player so many people on here say he is useless.

Back
Top Bottom