Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 26th March 2014]

I'm sure he was just backheeling it into the danger area but they do seem to have had an almost telepathic link since day one of the partnership, he couldn't have placed it any better for Suarez.

Last edited:
We were never in it to begin with. We all said before Christmas Man City and Chelsea would end up overtaking us, and one of those two will win the league, and that's what's going to happen...
You've missed Liverpool out of that statement, they've got just as much chance as Chelsea of winning it.

I think Suarez is definitely going to be offered a transfer in the region of 85m+ in the summer. I just cannot see Spain ignoring for him this year.

I can't see where he'd fit in at this moment in Spain.
RM or Barca aren't short of goals so don't need to break the bank on a 27 year old.

What on earth has it got to do with Highbury? Wenger's attitude is what changed, nothing else. He lost the winning mentality, he's been buying the wrong players, he ignores glaring weaknesses and he's failed to adapt to the state of the game nor learn anything at all since he became a manager. He's still the only idiot around who bangs on about not changing game to the opposition as if it's some kind of brilliant idea/philosophy, it's failing miserably.
Wenger Out?
Don't sell your best players then. If Liverpool win the PL and Wenger doesn't get the FAC then it's time to go.

You've missed Liverpool out of that statement, they've got just as much chance as Chelsea of winning it.

Yep its between Chelsea, City and Liverpool now, only way Arsenal will get back into the race is if those 3 drop points and we end up winning our games including the City game. Which is extremely unlikely...still got my money on City to win it as they hbave a few games in hand over you lot...even Liverpool have a good chance as well as they have a game in hand over you as well.

Best hope of a trophy is the FA Cup now and even that im not so sure we will win if we play like we have been the past couple of games ie Spuds and Chelsea today.

Just hoping that Ramsey is fit for the FA Cup semi final because god knows how much we have missed him and his little runs into the box;).

Last edited:
Wenger Out?
Don't sell your best players then. If Liverpool win the PL and Wenger doesn't get the FAC then it's time to go.

LOL kinda hard not to when they want to leave:confused: and we cannot pay them anywhere close to what Utd, City or even Barca are paying them plus the added bonus of those 3 teams that they win trophies regularly whereas we dont.

I think Suarez is definitely going to be offered a transfer in the region of 85m+ in the summer. I just cannot see Spain ignoring for him this year.

Well if Liverpool get CL which they will by the looks of it, i cant see Suarez leaving them as that is what he really wants. Also if they win the PL title then even more reason for him not to leave.

He has got a great partnership going with Sturridge at the moment and he hasnt really been up to his old antics...perhaps hes finally happy at Liverpool for a change.

RM maybe if they offload Benzema. They didn't need Bale. They just want the worlds best. I don't see Suarez leaving Liverpool though.

Thing is Bale is doing pretty well over at Real, hes banging in goals for them and a few assists as well. So hes starting to pay off that pricetag that he was lumbered with...out of him and Neymar...hes been the better transfer in La Liga.

LOL kinda hard not to when they want to leave:confused: and we cannot pay them anywhere close to what Utd, City or even Barca are paying them plus the added bonus of those 3 teams that they win trophies regularly whereas we dont.
Just say no from now on like the Suarez situation. How he coulda won you the league....
You're a rich club. You can spend. Surely the Emirates stadium isn't a hinderance anymore. Wenger's inability to change from 4-2-3-1 even annoys me.

Thing is Bale is doing pretty well over at Real, hes banging in goals for them and a few assists as well. So hes starting to pay off that pricetag that he was lumbered with...out of him and Neymar...hes been the better transfer in La Liga.
Barca's manager hasnt exactly got them playing really good though. Bale was always better than Neymar. Didn't RM want Neymar first though.

Russell brand is awful. What the hell is this are they trying to do to motd what they did to top gear?
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. This was for Sport Relief apparently but his punditry was awful. It'd be a bit like Jeremy Clarkson commentating alongside David Coulthard and Ben Edwards for BBC Sport's F1 coverage. Just because you like a football club doesn't mean you'll be a good pundit.

What on earth has it got to do with Highbury? Wenger's attitude is what changed, nothing else. He lost the winning mentality, he's been buying the wrong players, he ignores glaring weaknesses and he's failed to adapt to the state of the game nor learn anything at all since he became a manager. He's still the only idiot around who bangs on about not changing game to the opposition as if it's some kind of brilliant idea/philosophy, it's failing miserably.

If we were at Highbury we'd simply be making a 40-50mil loss a year or spending 40-50mil less a year in wages. Walcott is now on supposedly 100k a week, Ribery only signed a 140k a week contract deal a couple years ago, before that he was on 70-80k a week..... when you compare the quality of who we spend the money on vs where other teams spend their money it's not difficult to see. The very fact that Diaby is still at Arsenal speak's volumes about Wenger. Before 2005 he sold Overmars/Petit/others because he saw better options out there. Now he sticks by players beyond where any competent manager should.

I said years ago if Wenger went say 2007 he'd have left mostly as a very successful manager, now he's been crap as long as he was brilliant, even 3-4 years ago had he left it would have been as a great manager. But this long being this unsuccessful. If he left this year I'd think his overall time as manager as average. Seriously, there is no other team spending 100mil + a year in wages that has seen as little success.

I think to some degree he's doing what Fergie did, he's trying to get his final big win before quitting, a title of some kind.... and he just can't do it.

sack wengert? why dont you make a wenegr out thread like the Moyes one and lets see who gets the sack first LOL

Back
Top Bottom