Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 26th March 2014]

I understand the mistaken identity but the other one is a bit of an odd decision.
Yes it was missing the goal but Ox didn't know that (hence his save) so surely the intent to stop a goal was there.

I think they must be going by the rulebook, which if I understand correctly states that it has to be on-target, even if the handball is deliberate, for it to be a red instead of a yellow. Not that it would have made any difference to the result if we'd have had 11 instead of 10 for the other 75 minutes.

I think they must be going by the rulebook, which if I understand correctly states that it has to be on-target, even if the handball is deliberate, for it to be a red instead of a yellow. Not that it would have made any difference to the result if we'd have had 11 instead of 10 for the other 75 minutes.

I think it would have, if Gibbs stayed on and we had 11 men I think we'd have lost by even more. Verm was a vast improvement on Gibbs.

I understand the mistaken identity but the other one is a bit of an odd decision.
Yes it was missing the goal but Ox didn't know that (hence his save) so surely the intent to stop a goal was there.

+1 it's now open season for playrs to chance it if it might be going in and potentially get away with it.

+1 it's now open season for playrs to chance it if it might be going in and potentially get away with it.

You're always getting a red in that situation. If it subsequently turns out it was going wide then you'll get it overturned but you'll still be worse off by chancing it, if in fact it was going wide.

I want Arsenal never to win it again.

Can you remember how bad some of the Arsenal fans on here were when they actually won a few games? They'd be unbearable if they ever actually won it!

are you talking out of your rear again? what arsenal fan? Yas? me? DM? nope!

Infact all 3 of us plus more wasnt getting excited and knew we would **** up sooner or later

I wouldn't call him a cheat it was probably just instinctive.

I agree completely with this though:

Last edited:
It's an odd one. If the card was given to Ox in the first place I can't imagine they'd have rescinded it, but going by the rules they are right to do so.

Although I don't think the rules are right...if the intent is to prevent a goal, it's unsportsmanlike behavior so worthy of a red.

Back
Top Bottom