Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24 - 28th November 2012]

Soldato
Just made it home, take it everyone saw MOTD where we gave Norwich a point (though I couldn't see what was going on with that free kick).

Sort of a bad feeling as they just are a well drilled L1 side playing every game like a cup final. Lots of 6-2-2 kick and rush tactics. Works for them but it is horrible to watch.

We should have murdered them with the amount of chances we created. Instead we got tired and gave up at 60 mins, followed by no game changing subs. Such a shame we can get everything right against Newcastle then muck it up against a team that should be in the relegation fight.

Cattenburg with his assistants are both IDIOTS. Managed to give no protection to Gaston who as constantly fouled by the 3 man mob that followed him about. No idea what game he was watching. The lines man missed so many offsides, presumably because he couldn't see the other side of the pitch that it just became another joke performance. Better linesmen and refs in L1 who could be consistent and not make stupid decisions.

Oh well, reverse the newcastle and norwich results in my mind and it would be a lot better. Silly considering the form of the two teams as well. Just terrified to think what madness will happen against Liverpool.

Soldato
Rubbish result & a rubbish team selection. Drop Downing (preferably off a cliff) and get Johnson in at left back, he is by far the best lb at the club. Gerrard should be dropped, I mean rested and get some damn bite into midfield, ideally with some people who understand what the oppostion 3rd looks like.

Shocking performance, I dread to think how many spurs could have had if they hadn't switched off after the 2nd.

Soldato
Awful awful awful. I am really becoming concerned about this season as we are now going backwards. We always used to create chances just not put them away, now we aren't even creating and our defence looks shocking. So many changes need to be made but what Wenger is saying gives me no confidence at all.

Soldato
Awful awful awful. I am really becoming concerned about this season as we are now going backwards. We always used to create chances just not put them away, now we aren't even creating and our defence looks shocking. So many changes need to be made but what Wenger is saying gives me no confidence at all.

Haha I knew you were a fellow Arsenal fan from reading the first two sentences. Things are not good at the moment. I'm worried about Wenger's tactics or lack off and his inability to make changes during a game. He had the Ox and the bench, why not bring him on to add a bit of impetus in attack.

Meh.

Associate
Missed the first 3-4 mins of the game finding a st... way to watch it. I shouldn't laugh but, every time Walcott manages to go on a run like that it seems to involved ball getting stuck in his feet and a hugely lucky deflection(off Jag) to drop back into his path, then on this occassion it took a deflection to go in... potentially surprisingly awful angles but Howard clearly thought that was going lower and the deflection looked like it lobbed the keeper.

Either way, he was a passenger for the rest of the game, Arteta's ever worsening form is becoming worrying, defensively he's all over the place for the past couple months.

Sagna, the ever brilliant Sagna with a terrible pass, then a terrible clearance/slash pass to gift Everton a goal(still a good finish but they shouldn't have had the ball), seriously I have no idea who rates him, poor crosser, not great passer, and poor defensively. Uses pace to save himself in a lot of situations and his positioning is incredibly lazy because he has the pace to make it up a lot of the time. Poor performances all around relaly for us. Defensively, we're a joke, them breaking through and us making cynical tackles from behind or chasing a counter attack because whoever stays back is so easily beaten.

Arsenal just don't look very good, and we don't have an area with this team we can improve, and its yet another game where if the other team were sharper upfront we could and should have lost.

But from Wenger, we showed great spirit today, because we played a game at the weekend, and last week... year loads of teams play a game every 3-4 days, thats called... league football. Giving away another lead is great spirit? The other team missing good chances and not getting a penalty they deserved is great spirit?

Do you think Wenger's time at arsenal has come to a close?

Soldato
Link.

Pre season game, Spurs v Liverpool.

Bale was also injured by Adam in a game against Blackpool, Adam has (while at Liverpool) made very rash tackles towards him. Adam and Bale clearly don't get on very well.

That the game that Bale played another 30 odd minutes before being taken off at half time?

Edit - yes it is!

Soldato
Link.

Pre season game, Spurs v Liverpool.

Bale was also injured by Adam in a game against Blackpool, Adam has (while at Liverpool) made very rash tackles towards him. Adam and Bale clearly don't get on very well.

I remember that injury in the pre season game. Thats the one where he started Spurs next game right ?

Must have been a bad one.

Soldato
oh well that's alright then!

anyway, adam seems to be having more success at his new club then he ever could've with liverpool.

feel a little sorry for the bloke in all honesty. i can imagine he was over the moon when he got to tell his family he was being signed by liverpool, only for them to see him have a torrid time and be sold a year later.

Soldato
That the game that Bale played another 30 odd minutes before being taken off at half time?

Edit - yes it is!

And that's relevant because???

You do realise that throughout the history of the world footballers have been injured and tried to play on? Sometimes they even play on for the remainder of the game :eek:

It's also been known that the injury can clear up after a day or so rest.

Soldato
As a Spurs fan. I am finding this back and forth tiresome.

Im not sure Bale dived, looked like contact to me.
Suarez might have had a claim
"Stevie G" did not.

2-1 and Bale is Liverpools 3rd highest scorer. That tells a lot.

Soldato
and Bale doesn't have a track record for making injuries up either does he

Not really no.

If your going on about the olympic thing he certainly did have a bad back, why hurry back and potentially ruin it further? Football fans are so annoying thinking everything they read in the press is gospel.

Back
Top Bottom