Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24th - 29th November 2017]

Soldato
It's completely valid to be happy about getting top four. Getting one of those slots is quite competitive, and doing so leads to money and prestige which can help clubs build. Wanting top four and only wanting top four would be lol, but everyone basically wants top four and to try and challenge for other things... no one wants top four and nothing else (other than owners).

Exactly!

Don
No charge for Lukaku twice kicking the Brighton defender. In the eyes of the FA kicking somebody isn't as violent as rubbing noses or pinching cheeks.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Joke of a decision, how the hell is that not violent conduct?

At least the only team to suffer for it (other than Brighton) is themselves, when he's crap for another 3 games :D

Don
Joke of a decision, how the hell is that not violent conduct?

At least the only team to suffer for it (other than Brighton) is themselves, when he's crap for another 3 games :D
It's standard FA practice. Had Brighton's manager came out after the game and made a big deal about it and the press picked up on it then he'd 100% been banned. The FA prove time and time again that they only act on incidents that get a lot of press - anything else they just brush under the carpet.

Caporegime
I expected him to get banned. I was surprised that Brighton's manager had nothing to say about it after the game and instead complained that it wasn't a corner (when it was)

Associate
If we get fat Sam I hope we go down. I will join my glory hunting son and follow Chelsea.
Allardyce is the hero that Everton need but not what they deserve right now.

I we get Fat Sam we will stay up. I'm willing to give him a chance and I believe this problem has been festering since Moyes left. We had Martinez blowing smoke up the player's backsides and trying to gloss over the cracks with his "phenomenal" soundbites.

Then we got Koeman, a manager that didn't really want the job but saw the £££ in his eyes when the lucrative contract was dangled under his nose. Koeman went on to sign duffers who also had £££ in their eyes.

Allardyce has never had a budget available to him that will be made available at Everton. He could have a £100m war chest to make use of. Let's see what he can do in January and summer before we cast him out.

Soldato
Even in Jan, with the prices like they were in the summer will £100m do any good?

I suppose if you could offload two or three and get 4 players in - that might give the whole club a significant boost

but that's a big ask for Jan

The bottom 1/2 of the table looks so close maybe even 2 really good players may make a significant difference - but will it be as tight by Jan 1st ?

Back
Top Bottom