Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24th - 29th November 2017]

Man of Honour
That was a fantastic finish by Billy. Looked up, saw the 'keeper off his line and BOOM! Probably...
I thought a draw was a fair result though and with Spurs getting Wembley'd again it was important not to lose any ground so fairly happy all in all.

Don
There's been a lot of talk over the last few weeks from Everton fans fearing that they might go down but I've never paid any attention to it. Their squad is far too good to go down, at least that's what I thought. Looking at the league table it's dawned on me that maybe they might actually be in danger.

Looking at the bottom half of the table, there's probably only one side that you'd really fancy to go down and that's Swansea. The rest all look like they've got enough in them to find a way of staying up - even Palace, who've been dreadful, you'd fancy them pick up enough points if they keep Benteke, Zaha and Townsend fit. I think there's a lot of established PL sides that are crossing their fingers that Huddersfield and/or Brighton implode over the coming months because if not, we're going to see a couple of handy sides in the Championship next season.

Don
I'd love it if officials used their common sense with the advantage rule a bit more often. Burnley player fouled on the edge of the area, ball falls to team mate 5 yards further away from goal and being put under pressure and the ref plays the advantage. How is having a shot from 5 yards further back while getting closed down an advantage over an unchallenged free-kick?

Don
Was hard to tell as didn't seem to be any clear camera angles
The reverse angle shows it clearly. As above, when the cross comes in the defender puts his hand on Ramsey's back (as all defenders do to feel where the striker is) and Ramsey chucks himself to the ground. He'll get away with it because the defender put his hand on his back but there was no push and it was a dive.

Don
Associate
Going down, going down, going down.

Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Well at least I'll get a bargain on a season ticket for Everton next season. Can't wait to go on an away trip to Preston and Barnsley.

Associate
I dont know, the defender was a mess. he went into Ramsey's ankles atleast 2 times and has his hands all over his back, you can say Ramsey went down too easy but he was well within his rights to do so, it was silly defending and dont understand what all the crying is about Baz, United used to win 3 or 4 games a year from penalties like that under Sir Alex.

Back
Top Bottom