Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24th - 29th November 2017]

Man of Honour
A fair result in the end but it really should have been 3 points to us. We went far too deep and tried to hold out and then with 7 mins to go to try and get a winner we spent too long stroking the ball about sideways instead of getting it forward. Actually felt that Klopps aim for this match, with the team he selected, was just to not lose rather than to win and he achieved his goal in that respect I suppose.

Soldato
wow - for once when other top four teams drop points, Utd actually make the most of it (although they made hard work of it - Brighton a bit naughty at times but can see why they don't lose often)

Wonderful chip from Willian at the end

Don
Chelsea done us tactically today. At no point today did we have any real control of the game - first half we left too many gaps inbetween our midfield 3 and then 2nd half our midfield tightened up and they then exposed us wide, particularly down their right. I know Lallana was coming on and we were already looking to move to a 3 at the back before they scored but why did it take so long to happen? For 10 minutes before their goal their right wingback was getting forward completely unmarked time and time again and it was only a matter of time before they scored.

Man of Honour
Chelsea done us tactically today. At no point today did we have any real control of the game - first half we left too many gaps inbetween our midfield 3 and then 2nd half our midfield tightened up and they then exposed us wide, particularly down their right. I know Lallana was coming on and we were already looking to move to a 3 at the back before they scored but why did it take so long to happen? For 10 minutes before their goal their right wingback was getting forward completely unmarked time and time again and it was only a matter of time before they scored.

Thats one of my biggest criticisms of Klopp, he leaves changes til way too late in matches.

Don
Thats one of my biggest criticisms of Klopp, he leaves changes til way too late in matches.
Maybe from an attacking point of view when we're chasing a win but he's usually very quick to make tactical changes defensively when we're getting exposed. Today, for some reason, he just didn't react until despite Chelsea getting in down our left half a dozen times in the space of 15 minutes.

Caporegime
Chelsea done us tactically today. At no point today did we have any real control of the game - first half we left too many gaps inbetween our midfield 3 and then 2nd half our midfield tightened up and they then exposed us wide, particularly down their right. I know Lallana was coming on and we were already looking to move to a 3 at the back before they scored but why did it take so long to happen? For 10 minutes before their goal their right wingback was getting forward completely unmarked time and time again and it was only a matter of
time before they scored.

Undone by a fluke of a goal?

That’s not being beat tactically lol

Don
Undone by a fluke of a goal?

That’s not being beat tactically lol
Yes, the goal was lucky but they were creating chance after chance and they were all coming from getting their right wingback free. We were fortunately not to have conceded sooner.

Soldato
If people want to talk about luck, the number of pinball games going on in the Liverpool box, they were lucky that Chelsea only grabbed the one fluke :p

Caporegime
That was really sad news today about the wife of Sky sports football presenter Simon Thomas. Died at 40 years of age. Only diagnosed with Leukaemia 3 days ago and has died already. Leaves her husband and an 8 year old son. Too tragic for words.

Caporegime
Willian didnt mean that...that was a very fortunate goal imo

They created enough good chances that it was hardly surprising they scored, yes a bit of luck for them on the cross but considering the flow of the match we have little to complain about, very poor from klopp today

Back
Top Bottom