Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27 - 28th October 2012]

It's on days like today when I struggle to see how anyone can rate Aguero ahead of Tevez.

Swansea were fantastic in the first half, shame they lost really. Ah well...

It's on days like today when I struggle to see how anyone can rate Aguero ahead of Tevez.

Swansea were fantastic in the first half, shame they lost really. Ah well...

Tevez has been exceptional since at least before Mancini joined, he got his goal scoring form back under Hughes and has been great since then. For the couple years before that he was rather aimless, not scoring that much and not being anywhere near as good.

Aguero however was fantastic last year, his interplay was excellent, passing, shooting, movement, everything and he was pretty much every bit the player Tevez was. This season, he hasn't been anywhere near his form of last year, not a patch, but he also got injured and I felt rushed back in, he might be playing with an injury, or just not properly fit, not really sure. This season Tevez is by a margin the better player.

HI ALL.

i went to see arsenal play at the emirates. great atmosphere and was surprised wilshere started. he was a cut above the rest though and still nowhere near his best. he will be our rvp/henry/fabregas player ie the man we rely on.

he is just world class. will become as good as iniesta/xavi one day.

Back to the game we played with more urgency and belief but still lacked some spark.

Santos was SHOCKING in the first half. he played as a bloody left winger leaving our defence with a back line of 3. QPR kept attacking santos's side and he was nowhere to be seen. Plus he tried to do daft skills in the ****ing left side of our half for some stupid reason.

Total fool he is but he upted his game and played better in second half staying in defence.

Ramsey had a bright start to the game. did well as a right winger but faded in the 2nd half.

Wilshere came off and walcott on to spice things up and ramsey moving central and we did well. Sagna and walcott linked up really well providing some fantastic dangerous crosses(one led to the goal).

Sagna is miles better then Jenkinson. fantastic defender and a winger too.

Carzola missed a sitter. he was poor today. so poor that even Ramsey played better then him.

Girud worked hard. he played great. kept the ball well, won 9/10 of the headers and worked his socks off. great job.

We got lucky at the end. QPR went all out attack while our defence fell asleep offering QPR golden chances. they had 2 one on ones!

overal a great game. FANTASTIC atmosphere and thats £50 well spent! i am no longer a armchair fan :)

i went to see arsenal play at the emirates. great atmosphere

Personally inviting you to St Marys to see a great atmosphere in the premier league (though it was a lot better in L1 and the champ).

Pretty much the worst aspect of going to the emerates (other than the game) was the stark lack of interest from 90% of the crowd. Didn't even cheer much after the 3rd went in...

Just looking at the league table & if Man.U. win tomorrow it'll open it right up at the top especially if Spuds & Everton win too, no-one will have any real advantage.

I think UTD,chelsea and city will fight it out for the epl and its going to get messy for 4th as i don't see a single solid team fighting for it.

Tevez has been exceptional since at least before Mancini joined, he got his goal scoring form back under Hughes and has been great since then. For the couple years before that he was rather aimless, not scoring that much and not being anywhere near as good.

He scored 5 goals in the 17 league games of 2009 before Hughes was sacked, hardly setting the world on fire. I don't know why you have such a passion for Hughes' tenure as Man City manager, he was crap.

Dreadful from Fulham and Reading, both defending as badly as us, both scoring quite freely (like us),

Berbatov is a class above his team mates.

Mbia looked like he was about to cry from that sending off :( and Arsenal defiantly need to start sharky! Why Arsharvin is out of favour is beyond me

Last edited:
Why Arsharvin is out of favour is beyond me

Poor management and the 'Berbatov effect', he doesn't run around like a headless chicken and aimlessly chase the ball all the time so he's seen as lazy and anonymous and the fans give him stick.

I wouldn't start him with Podolski and AOC fit, but give him 30-45 minutes in the 2nd half and he can change a game.

He scored 5 goals in the 17 league games of 2009 before Hughes was sacked, hardly setting the world on fire. I don't know why you have such a passion for Hughes' tenure as Man City manager, he was crap.

Because the team were improving in that time, the year before he went to City he scored 5 league goals in 29 appearances, the year he joined City he had a slowish start, then started his goal scoring run BEFORE Hughes was sacked, scored 8 goals and 5 assists in all competitions before Hughes was sacked, he'd already put in loads of excellent performances, which you know, aren't measured by goals. He looked a bit "meh" before he joined City, with a meh season where he really wasn't on form at all, even the year before he wasn't that much better.

Hughes managed to get what 29 points in 17 games(including Sunderland because he was fired IIRC before the game but they won it and giving Mancini credit for that is, ermm, laughable), and Mancini got 38 points in 21 games, so 1.7points per game vs 1.8points per game. This was a new team largely and was growing over time yet Mancini both with a more established team, with Tevez in goal scoring form WHEN HE JOINED, and spending a buttload more on even better players in Jan and he barely outdid what Hughes did. They lost 2 games under Hughes, and 5 under Mancini.

Hughes was good, was building a team and anyone that thinks City should have done better in the first half of the season to the second, is nuts.

Either way, people like to stick a knife in, I don't. I look at where City where when Hughes left and Mancini joined, and when Hughes joined and when he left. I don't randomly ignore what happened in the first almost half of that season where City were a dramatically improved team, were incredibly hard to beat, were playing ever improving football and the players he bought in.

City at the end of 07/08 were awful, it took him half a season to improve their form, and they were vastly improved in the second half of that season, winning almost twice as much but losing too much. Beginning of the season he got sacked, he won more and barely lost, he went from a team losing roughly every other game, to a team that when he was fired, had lost 2 out of 17, had won more than before, had a points per game that was aiming at a strong Euro finish and a vastly improved team in every single aspect.

In the half season before he took over they won 5, lost 9, in the first half of the season he took over they won 5 lost 10, but he'd significantly changed the squad and new ideas take time. THe second half of that season they won 10 games and lost 8, huge improvement, HUGE.

In the 17 games before he got fired, City won 7, lost 2 games.... anyone that claims they hadn't improved, didn't watch City. 5 wins 9 losses in a half season before he joined, 7 wins 2 losses in the 17 games before he got fired.... he was rubbish.

He pretty much got the offence firing in his first season and fixed the defence in the second season.

Last edited:
Dreadful from Fulham and Reading, both defending as badly as us, both scoring quite freely (like us),

Berbatov is a class above his team mates.

Mbia looked like he was about to cry from that sending off :( and Arsenal defiantly need to start sharky! Why Arsharvin is out of favour is beyond me

Poor management and the 'Berbatov effect', he doesn't run around like a headless chicken and aimlessly chase the ball all the time so he's seen as lazy and anonymous and the fans give him stick.

I wouldn't start him with Podolski and AOC fit, but give him 30-45 minutes in the 2nd half and he can change a game.

He's just an excellent player, if anyone can get the Coventry game, sure its Coventry and they aren't the best but you can just see the class ooze out of his play, passes that Santi wouldn't see, passes no one else at Arsenal attemps, he'll screw some up, the best players aren't scared to make mistakes, Walcott is scared of his own shadow.

Only thing I'd argue with is not starting him, give him a sub appearance and he tries to overplay to get back in the team, LOADS of Arsenal players do this because they just get so badly ignored by Wenger, they get 10 mins every 3 months and they try to score a hattrick on their own because they think anything less and they'll never play again.... which is basically true. Give him 3 games in a row starting and sub him before he gets shattered(because he will and he'll then be awful, 60-70min mark) and he'll get his confidence, get assists, probably score and Arsenal fans will love him again... Wenger will still probably drop him for no reason though. He's just complete rubbish in most games for the first 15 mins, slow slow slow starter.

Back
Top Bottom