Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27th - 28th August 2011]

Caporegime
Arsenal haven't got enough time to get the players Wenger wants in now. Can't sack Wenger now because who would replace him, and who ever it was would still have them players.

Going to be a long season for Arsenal.

No, a good manager would do a LOT better with the players we have, not good enough for top four or anything even close, but better. Our players have zero idea how to defend, neither did West Brom's, look how Hodgeson improved the same players.

Few of our players are great, some "could" be good if they had a freaking system to play to. We have strikers, look at the Real game, they have rubbish defenders in all honesty, and how did they almost win that game, by playing ultra attacking. Arsenal still have a range of very good attacking players, being utterly and ridiculously misused. Fix that and half the defensive problem is gone because other sides will have a harder time getting forward.

A new manager should and hopefully would block Bendtner from leaving and put us back to a 4-4-2, Wilshire back in DM like last year, Ramsey alongside him, Arshavin left, maybe actually Bendtner on the right with Theo/RVP upfront. If we can recall Vela(probably can't) that should be done right away.

Plenty of crap sides go to Utd and as Merson/Neville/everyone has said, make it ruddy difficult to win with a well drilled defense actually providing at least some opposition, unlike today. Djourou was beyond horrific today, he's ALWAYS as bad as he was today, better players around him and playing worse teams, his mistakes just don't always cost us.

Soldato
Arsenal's league form since the CC final - DDDWDDWDDLWLLDDLL - LOL, worst ever beginning to a season, worst ever result, worst team under Wenger, all the travelling fans today should get an apology.

From Henry Winter - "At the end, Rosicky Arshavin Chamakh headed straight down tunnel. Van Persie shouted at them to come back & salute #afc fans. Chaos" - unsurprising, RVP is one of, if not the only international player in the squad who seems to actually love the club.

It was also telling that RVP and Walcott didn't even look at Wenger when they left they were subbed, they know it's his mess, his fault.

Man of Honour
Anyone reckon Ancelotti would do a better job than Wenger at rebuilding this team?

He'd make a good go of it, that's for sure. I really can't see what Wenger has got left to offer at this point in time. If he has then he'd better do it pretty dam quick but I suspect that the long knives have already been drawn.

Caporegime
Wenger - "I know the solution in England is to get new signings but first thing is to get our 8 players back. We had 8 players out today"

Something a long those lines... he's off his head!

Soldato
Need 2 centre backs, 1-2 central midfielders, left back, 2 wingers, 2 strikers.

Wooooo Wenger on :D

Not recovered from Wednesday night? Keep clouding them issues Wenger :rolleyes:

What damage does this do to the team? I don't know :confused: lol wenger you still dobt realise your mistakes.

What will you do to turn it around? Nothing to turnaround :confused: lol Wenger.

Vital do you need signings? Dodge the question and says he only needs his injured players back.

You lot are in trouble. It's sadto see but he has completely lost the plot! :(

Associate
Well I was completely wrong, Arsenal were just immensely terrible, even felt sorry for them.

Also, where did Wenger have this Jenkinson from, I am probably judging him to early but he looks extremely poor.

Back
Top Bottom