Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [31st August - 1st September 2019]

Soldato
You dont get to 97 points, lose once in the league all season and win the champions league with just a front "three". If that was the case then Van Dijk wouldnt be about to win a Ballon Dor. How many of the front three played in the second leg vs Barca?

One.

Gini, Henderson and Fabinho could easily be on the list.

Look at the list :

Midfielders (15)
Sergio Busquets (ESP) - FC Barcelona
Casemiro (BRA) - Real Madrid
Kevin de Bruyne (BEL) - Manchester City
Frenkie de Jong (NED) - Ajax / FC Barcelona
Christian Eriksen (DEN) - Tottenham Hotspur
Eden Hazard (BEL) - Chelsea FC / Real Madrid
N'Golo Kante (FRA) - Chelsea FC
Toni Kroos (GER) - Real Madrid
Arthur Melo (BRA) - FC Barcelona
Luka Modric (CRO) - Real Madrid
Paul Pogba (FRA) - Manchester United
Ivan Rakitic (CRO) - FC Barcelona
Bernardo Silva (POR) - Manchester City
Dusan Tadic (SRB) - Ajax
Arturo Vidal (CHI) - FC Barcelona

Kante
Kroos
Busquets
Vidal
Casemiro
Modric
Kevin De Bruyne
Casemiro
Pogba

I mean...come on. Are they joking? Any Liverpool midfielder could be above the above names and its barely an argument. Its a load of garbage basically.

IMO most of those players are better than the Liverpool ones

Soldato
Then you would be wrong lol. Liverpools midfield won a champions league after being runners up the previous year. I know its fashionable to not rate Henderson etc but he is a good player.

Caporegime
KDB would imo, and probably Eriksen too.
KDB does seem to have a great work rate but there's absolutely no chance Eriksen makes our team without completely unbalancing the way we play.

Our midfield will never make the headlines due to the role they're asked to play in the team which is basically cover the fullbacks, protect the CBs and get the ball to the forwards as quick as possible.

A goalscoring/creative midfielder would provide us with a plan B but Klopp adapted the way we play when Coutinho left and we became a better team as a result.

Soldato
Yes you do have a good team, no denying that. But to suggest there is no one better than Firminho for Liverpool, that the midfield 3 is anything other than workmanlike or that Lovren is better than Maguire is a little laughable. Those are just 3 of the ones i remember recently.

Soldato
Lovren is 4th choice?

Firmino is a forward so not sure how thats relevant but he makes us tick. If you meant Fabinho then id argue there isnt many dms better to be fair.

Ok so Liverpools midfield is workmanlike...so what are De Jong,Busquets,Kante etc then?

De Jong above Henderson, Gini and Fabinho is absolutely laughable.

Klopp is an excellent manager but to suggest its all him is wild. I reckon the fellas on the pitch have something to do with it.

Don
But to suggest there is no one better than Firminho for Liverpool
"For Liverpool" are the key words here and why we're always having these ridiculous arguments. What's best for Liverpool isn't the same as what's best for another side. Firmino is absolutely the best centre forward around for Liverpool - he's unique and pivotal to how we play. You can argue there's better strikers if you want but they're not better for Liverpool.

On a general point I have no idea why anybody cares about these lists. Just look at half the players picked, they're a pile of **** with players being picked off reputation. There's players in that list that weren't in the top 5 players in their position at their club and players that have been injured for half the time.

Soldato
I don't agree with that, there are plenty of strikers around who can hold the ball up and not score very much. He's a decent player no doubt but Liverpool could certainly do better.

As to the lists, i agree.

Back
Top Bottom