Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [6th - 12th April 2018]

Soldato
That wasn't a red. It certainly wasn't as bad as Pogba's on Otamendi anyway. Young on the other hand should have been sent off twice.

1st pen (in the 1st half) was absolutely nothing (arm didn't move, and it was flat on the ground - ball to hand)
2nd half - more 50/50 (impossible for either ref or linos to tell whether he got the ball or not) , but Sane should have already been off anyway by that point for MUCH more obvious yellows

Don
1st pen (in the 1st half) was absolutely nothing (arm didn't move, and it was flat on the ground - ball to hand)
2nd half - more 50/50 (impossible for either ref or linos to tell whether he got the ball or not) , but Sane should have already been off anyway by that point for MUCH more obvious yellows
I want whatever you've been smoking Frank ;)

Not sure what Sane done to deserve a red but Young should have gone twice. Clear, intentional handball to deny a goalscoring opportunity and then a shin high studs up challenge on Aguero - whether he got the ball or not, it's a pen and red.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
1st one, if it didn't hit the hand it would have ended up at Sterling's feet. Technically a red card, but feel a penalty and a yellow would have been fair. Whilst I doubt it was intentional, it did stop a goal scoring opportunity.

2nd one, won the ball but a dangerous lunge and should have been off.

Soldato
I want whatever you've been smoking Frank ;)

Not sure what Sane done to deserve a red but Young should have gone twice. Clear, intentional handball to deny a goalscoring opportunity and then a shin high studs up challenge on Aguero - whether he got the ball or not, it's a pen and red.
Because Sane got away with identical challenges Herrera got booked for , one literally minutes before Herrera was booked

No it wasn't intentional handball at all, he was sliding on the ground and his arm /hand was flat on the ground and didn't move relative to his body, so it was ball to hand

Don
So Sane should have been booked, not sent off? And it was definitely intentional - his arm may have been on the floor but he makes no effort to move it away from the ball, only pretends to head it while he handled it away.

Soldato
Fair play to ManU for turning it around from 2-0 down but watching game highlights on another day they could have been 10-3 down and not had a word of complaint.

Those calling Cities demise (not necessarily in here) are getting far too excitabke, far too easily.

Soldato
Fair play to ManU for turning it around from 2-0 down but watching game highlights on another day they could have been 10-3 down and not had a word of complaint.

Those calling Cities demise (not necessarily in here) are getting far too excitabke, far too easily.
Not sure you will find anyone on the forums who thinks City have been anything but spectacular this season. Bit of a weird comment.

Soldato
Not sure you will find anyone on the forums who thinks City have been anything but spectacular this season. Bit of a weird comment.

Hence the addition of "not necessarily in here" as I haven't paid as close attention to FS sub this year but you can see it even in some of the media comments although they have suddenly had a bad season. It's baffling.

Caporegime

The problem for City is keeping the hunger. They have had the league pretty much wrapped up since December. It is easy to get complacent going into the new season!

Soldato
It was Liverpools fault for throwing the bottles.

City will still win the league, they were unlucky tonight. As good as Sterling's stats are his finishing last night was awful.

Soldato
Caught the Newcastle match highlights on MoTD this morning, how was Maguire not sent off for grabbing Gayle's face? It's something insane like 18 month since a player has been sent off against us, I'm going to have to get my tinfoil hat on at this rate!

Caporegime
Unreal match for United Vs City, City should've been 4/5 up in the first half if not for two woeful misses from Sterling.

Lovely play from Herrera for Pogba's first goal and a great save from De Gea in the second half. Young should probably have been sent off for that challenge on Aguero though, it looked a shocker.

Soldato
you could see the Young challenge coming a mile off as well, he was always going to the ground and he was never getting there. The Fernandinho follow up kick was good fun too, he's a nasty player when he wants to be, think it really helps his game that he has that streak in him actually.

Soldato
I like the digs at mourinho...does everybody quickly forget that Pep had some of the most foul tactics at Barca? Or City’s “tactical fouling”? In addition on Young’s challenge, he rolled over the ball he didn’t dive straight into his knee. I appreciate studs were up, but by some of the comments here you’d thing he just smashed his knee.

Also love the De Gea comments. That’s what he’s there for, just like a top class striker is there to score goals.

Anyway, second will have to do (if we get it) but we definitely need LB/ RB/ maybe CB and two midfielders for next season.

Don
I've not seen any digs at Mourinho in this thread. You sound a lot like Duncan Castles and unfortunately for you (and Dunc) Mourinho is unrivalled in the ****house tactics stakes, not even Tony Pulis or Fat Sam can live with him, let alone Pep.

Back
Top Bottom