Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 12th February 2014]

That penalty claim there is why my love of football has seriosuly dwindled to the point of I hardly care. I know a lot of my friends have turned from football to rugby as they're sick of all this no contact, simulation BS.

The Everton player should be booked imho, he had no intention of doing anything but going down. Nick the ball first and then take a touch and fall over. Sad thing is it's now accepted as normal and it's cheating in my eyes.

Not just aimed at him, it's aimed at the whole culture of football now. A player should be able to touch another player without him falling over?!

The spurs player stuck a leg out, don't moan at Coleman, moan at your lad.

[TW]Sponge;25816555 said:
He was already looking at the floor before the leg came out. And even that wasn't enough to send him crashing down like he'd just been hit with a 50cal.

He still stuck his leg out. I think Coleman might have been falling before anyway but still, don't stick your leg out like that in the box...

Everything they did was better than what we did in general play. Better movement, better passing and ball retention. We didn't look like scoring at all until Walker got clever and Manu nailed the execution.

The goal was the first shot we had got on target.

Our retention was awful, we got pressed off the pitch and created nothing.

He's on the way down before any contact, no pen for me. Had he stayed on his feet up until the contact then fair enough, it would have been a pen.

We're just going to be crossing it into the box, playing it to the full back and 'getting to the byline' again then it seems.

Pretty fed up with it, it doesn't work week in week out and that's proven by our lack of goals, chances and the most crosses per game in the league, yet all of our best players are best through the middle.

GG Moyes.

Back
Top Bottom