Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 12th February 2014]

Soldato
A nice guy wouldn't do that absolutely ridiculous dance that he does. He's an arrogant, selfish **** who's a very good footballer.

Caporegime
A nice guy wouldn't do that absolutely ridiculous dance that he does. He's an arrogant, selfish **** who's a very good footballer.

7280__2436__sturridge01.jpg

Don
Loan, paid about 1m for the privilege though

Very sneaky of Blackpool. Liverpool were due 35% of any transfer fee but by loaning him out until the end of his contract and receiving a loan fee rather than a transfer fee, they pocket the full £1m.

Caporegime
Am I the only one who found it very unnecessary, cheap and immature of MOTD to show the pics of Wenger falling over and hurting himself?

The man is 64. Hardly funny someone of that age falling over and hurting themselves.

Probably down to Lineker. He'll grab any opportunity to have a laugh at Arsenal's expense.

Caporegime
Yeah a bit, but then I think of my granny who is 86 or something fell off a stool last christmas and just lay there laughing about it until someone helped her up, I'm sure Arsene was alright.

Caporegime
Am I the only one who found it very unnecessary, cheap and immature of MOTD to show the pics of Wenger falling over and hurting himself?

The man is 64. Hardly funny someone of that age falling over and hurting themselves.

Probably down to Lineker. He'll grab any opportunity to have a laugh at Arsenal's expense.

Ive seen a few pics on the net about it and i think its pretty childish but meh main thing is that he is ok and no major damage sustained...he should be fit and ready for our next game:p:D

Caporegime
It's Wenger.... the medical staff probably missed a hairline fracture in his hip, they'll clear him to travel to the next game, and on the journey his hip will break so badly he'll need surgery and a long spell out.... at which point the medical team will say they probably should have gotten a full scan... oh well. They'll give us a date of 3 months till Wenger's return to the bench but we won't see him for two years. :(

I wish this wasn't an accurate assessment of our medical staff :(

PS on Sturridge, he'd be WAY more likeable if he stopped doing his completely awful dance celebration and I will also take full credit, I said he'd make a great striker or wide player anywhere he gets games basically. Said he was a steal and wish Arsenal would go for him. He is deceptively tall, when I see him I can never believe he's 6'2", I think that might just be made up :p

While I don't begrudge City/Chelsea their money, I really can't understand why they've wasted his talent quite so much. The sharpness of movement and eye for goal was clear as day the very first time I saw him. As before I can understand City letting him go during what is their heavy spending period and completely unproven. But he showed plenty of ability at Chelsea, they had no quality forwards, they just refused to give him 5 games upfront to get in to strikers form. There is a problem with certain teams who don't like playing not massive players. If they dropped Torres and just played Sturridge upfront he'd have hit the same form he has with Pool and they'd probably just have stuck with him.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Still looks like an utter tit when he does his retarded dance after scoring lol.

Not as good or Oscar winning as Suarez and his lovely dives:p

I can agree with this, it infuriated me when at Chelsea.

You embrace and love it when he does it for you and does it with fans outside the stadium.

Suarez dives aren't great, his exaggeration is where he picks up awards.

Soldato
Not much in it really.
Torres is a better target man from goal kicks and the like & maybe a bit more powerful but Eto'o is just cleverer, he creates space for the other lads and knows how to find them with a pass.
I don't think either are better for the team on the whole, a striker who can do all that would be though of course.

Anyone is better than Torres really, he has a few games though where he really plays to his potential then goes missing again for the rest of the season.

It must be his attitude he has been nothing but a flop for Chelsea since he arrived. He doesn't look bothered most of the time i see him play.

Chelsea really need a good CF for next season they would probably be top of the league by a good few points if they had some one close to Drogba's level.

Man of Honour
OP
Great afternoon at Stamford Bridge with Hazard showing sublime skills and being unplayable at times. Matic continues to impress in midfield. Nice debut from Salah who managed not to score twice and some good bonus points from the Gunners and City. :D

Soldato
hi i just come back from vietnam and heard arsenal got destroyed. Has DM and other arsenal fans calling for wenger to be sacked?

apparantly players like ozil did not show up and it should be them that get the sack tbh or a weeks wage docked from the looks of it.

was arsenal really that bad or did liverpool play like barcelona of old?

Back
Top Bottom