Greta Thunberg

Soldato
No, it's stupid. You have higher private costs because you spend all days long at home.

More than driving to and from work? The cost of manufacture, the tyres, the burning of fuel?

My wife works at home, and heats it all day. It's actually more green for me to work from hom as well in that case, but my employer needs me at a location. So I have to drive (45 miles, no train or bus route). Can't afford electric vehicle. Who knows when I will, it certainly isn't high up on my list of worries.

None of this is simple, one size fits all. The only thing one size fits all will, as I said above, be misery either way.

Soldato
I'm going to one of my nieces wedding next year and instead of buying gifts we've got to pay £20 to plant a tree somewhere in Scotland.
I'm not looking forward to the vegan wedding dinner though so we'll be cutting some sandwiches up to eat in secret.

I honestly don't know why, but, this old school outdated pov really gets my goat, excuse the pun.

In your mind you're already labelling it 'vegan' - and forming an opinion you'll hate it.

90% of your Sunday dinner is vegan - its just food - adjust your mind set, you're stuck in your ways - my Sunday dinner is only 10% different ingredients and is all vegan, whats up don't you like mash, gravy, veg, mains? Pies? Chips ? Id imagine most of your staple diet? Guess what, VEGAN !

Soldato
I honestly don't know why, but, this old school outdated pov really gets my goat, excuse the pun.

In your mind you're already labelling it 'vegan' - and forming an opinion you'll hate it.

90% of your Sunday dinner is vegan - its just food - adjust your mind set, you're stuck in your ways - my Sunday dinner is only 10% different ingredients and is all vegan, whats up don't you like mash, gravy, veg, mains? Pies? Chips ? Id imagine most of your staple diet? Guess what, VEGAN !

meat is the iceing on the cake and who doesn’t like iceing with cake?

Soldato

My gravy always has meat in it but I take your point. I won't be giving up meat but I'm already eating less of it.

Soldato

But that 10% is the best bit :D

Soldato
My gravy always has meat in it but I take your point. I won't be giving up meat but I'm already eating less of it.

My gravy is plant based AND gluten free - guess what, it tastes exactly like gravy !!! even has the meaty taste - you want to read up on mushrooms that achieve this - meat flavour is just that, flavour, it doesn't have to be meat.

Frankly humanity has to stop eating 95% of the meat it eats now, otherwise the planet will fail.

I get quite baffled the amount of people who don't realise this - its not opinion, its basic maths.

It's a very very strange thing to understand - social & 'traditional' opinions, very very set in ways, regardless of the mountain of real evidence to the contrary - people are just habitual predictable animals though I suppose and find it hard to change.

The only time I ever see people change is when something major happens like cancer - then I notice people doing drastic diet or life style changes - why not just do it now, easier and still life is full of amazing tasty food - anyone that says vegan food is rubbish, is simply eating rubbish vegan food, go to a nice place to eat !

Soldato

Gravy is made from the meat juices. Mash has both milk/cream and butter in it. Roast spuds are cooked in goose fat. Yorkshire puds have milk, eggs and are cooked in goose fat. Chips are cooked in beef dripping. Pies usually have pastry that contains lard, butter and egg.

Soldato
My gravy is plant based AND gluten free - guess what, it tastes exactly like gravy !!! even has the meaty taste - you want to read up on mushrooms that achieve this - meat flavour is just that, flavour, it doesn't have to be meat.

Yeah...no. Vegan gravy tastes nothing like a proper meat gravy with roasted bones. We don't need preaching either, that turns people the other way tbh. Humanity is not going to stop eating 95% of meat products that is just a dream.

Soldato
Yeah...no. Vegan gravy tastes nothing like a proper meat gravy with roasted bones. We don't need preaching either, that turns people the other way tbh. Humanity is not going to stop eating 95% of meat products that is just a dream.

That's the weird thing - its this like, flat nosed, blank response I don't get - I'm not being dramatic - it will literally be the end of the world if life carries on as it is.

What more can you say that will stop people destroying us all ? :rolleyes:

Talking to a large group of humans about this is like trying to talk to a really hard to train dog - you keep repeating the same facts and then just get blank stares back or comments like this :D

'If you as an individual & group keep doing that, it will kill the planet'

' Yeah but, don't preach, and yeah OMG YOU DO KNOW REAL GRAVY HAS DEAD ANIMAL BITS IN - GET IT RIGHT!'

'eh ? who cares, if everyone is dead, so gravy won't exist any more?'

'Shush, go away, etc, etc etc, 'I don't want to know *carries on killing self and planet*'

Where do you even begin with trying to convince someone otherwise! lol

Back
Top Bottom